Hearing Care Assistant
- Full Time
Job Title: Audiology Professional & Clinical Services Officer
Reporting to: Audiology Clinical Lead
Salary: Up to £24,000 depending on qualifications
Hours: Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week
Location: Swindon Head Office
Optimism Health Group is a healthcare investment business, focussing specifically on the rapidly growing market for the provision of healthcare products and clinical services to older people. Through a series of acquisitions, we have created the UK's leading provider of optical and hearing care at home, OutsideClinic Group.
Last year we delivered over £220,000 domiciliary clinics for older people in their own homes, as well as in care homes and sheltered housing. This life-changing service operates right across the UK, supporting the NHS to provide vital eye and hearing care to people who may struggle to get to the high street unaided.
We have identified both the need and opportunity to scale the service over the next few years. To do this we are building on our strengths, expanding our capabilities, and continually seeking to improve what we do and how we do it to better serve our customers.
As an IQIPS accredited service, we need your help to continue providing the highest standards and care to our patients. Offering them better hearing every day no matter what their budget along with the best aftercare service available.
The role of Audiology Professional & Clinical Services Officer is vital in continuing to offer full support and guidance to our field-based teams of Audiologists and Hearing Care Assistants, our Head Office team and ultimately our patients. Based at our Head Office in Swindon your contribution will be to provide essential clinical support to the different sections of our field and Head Office teams. Full and extensive training will be given to the successful candidate on an ongoing basis.
- To act as a support network for our field-based teams of Audiologists and Hearing Care Assistants, our Head Office team and ultimately our patients.
- Referring on occasion to the Clinical Lead in the event of further escalation being necessary.
- To complete in-house repairs to NHS and private hearing aids sent in by existing patients/customers in line with internal KPIs.
- To complete postal NHS hearing aid first fit in line with internal KPIs.
- To ensure replacement NHS hearing aids are programmed and despatched in line with internal KPIs.
- To ensure replacement Private hearing aids as required are ordered in line with internal KPIs.
- Liaise with the Audiology Clinical Lead regarding daily workload and planning.
- Other clinical duties such as equipment maintenance required by the Clinical Lead.
- Take a proactive approach in improving Patient Journey by responding to customer feedback and through process improvement.
- Ensure tasks are completed with maximum performance and dedication.
- Ensure all work undertaken meets quality & compliance standards.
- Commit to the belief of always do what is right for the patient.
- Ensure company Policies and Procedures are always adhered to.
- Use the IT /Phone system (CXOne) in line with laid down company procedures.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Position requires a Hearing Care Assistant qualification or willing to complete Hearing Aid Assistant course within the first year of employment.
- Customer Service background ideally within Audiology.
- Highly motivated with a drive to succeed and a passion for maintaining a high level of Customer Service.
- An understanding that business objectives and priorities will change and be pro-active in providing Clinical Lead with updates in terms of workload within Audiology Professional Clinical Services and make suggestions/ recommendations as to how resource can be allocated to meet/exceed KPI and contractual obligations.
- A requirement to work independently whilst understanding when decisions may need to be referred or further guidance may be needed from the Clinical Lead.
- BSHAA accredited Hearing Care Assistant qualification desirable
What we offer
- Salary from 21,313 up to £24,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
- Progression opportunities
- Private Medical Insurance
- Additional holidays with length of service
- Life Assurance x 4
- Access to health & wellbeing initiatives
- Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5% on successful completion of the probationary period.
- Access to ou'lleague assistance programme, Health Assured supporting the wellbeing of the workforce.
- 20 days holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Discounted eyewear and hearing products after qualifying period.