Fantastic package available, with salary up to £65,000 per annum + attractive performance related bonus up to £1200 per quarter
About the opportunity
As a Mobile Optometrist you will deliver excellent patient-centred care in practice, working in partnership with the opticians and healthcare team using own intuition, expertise and experience to deliver complete care solutions for our customers and patient. This role is absolutely key in enabling Boots Opticians to provide specialist care across the area.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering all nationally commissioned and locally available services and supports the development of new services
- Using your professional judgement for all clinical decisions that need to be taken within the opticians business
- Complying with the standards of practice and the current Boots Opticians clinical policies and standard operating procedures
- Working in partnership with the store leader to develop the professional capability of the opticians team. Supervises the development, education and training of colleagues and supports and mentors students (including Pre-Registration Optometrists)
- Knowing the Boots Opticians product portfolio including contact lenses and ophthalmic lenses, services and offers to use this information to create life-long patients and customers through appropriate recommendation
- Building firm and longstanding relationships – not only with colleagues and customers but with healthcare professionals in the local community
- Travelling to different stores within the area
- About youWe’re looking for really inspiring people, with a friendly professional personality. To be successful in this role you will need to have the below capabilities:
- Registered with the General Optical Council (GOC) and the NHS
- High level of professional expertise and widely respected by stakeholders, peers, customers and external local professionals
- Passionate to drive high customer care and ensure high clinical standards
- Be the first choice for patients for their optometric needs
- Keeps up to date with their own learning and development, completing all continual education training CET as part of the GOC requirement
- Works in partnership with the local management team to deliver both optometry and ophthalmology led services
- Comfortable with the use of the OCT and results associated in stores with an OCT
- Digitally savvy and comfortable with navigating and embracing new technology
- Able to travel to various store locations across the area
- Our Benefits
- Competitive salary and pension scheme
- One of the best staff discounts in the UK
- Attractive bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays with opportunity to purchase more
- Personal and professional career development. Interactive CET events provided throughout the year
- Additional flexible benefits that allows you to create a package that best suits your individual needs including cycle to work vouchers, discounted gym membership, cinema and restaurant discounts, and much more
- Excellent opportunities to develop and career opportunities across Boots Opticians, Retail and Pharmacy
- Please click on the following link to apply or if you would like a confidential chat or get in contact with us at email@example.com, we would love to hear from you.
Boots Opticians Upminster are looking for a fantastic Optometrist to join our small and friendly team of 4.
Whether you are Newly Qualified or have years of experience, we would love to discuss what we can offer you. We are open to both part time and full time, as we understand flexibility is important.
Our practice has 1 testing room, well equipped, with some really exciting plans to install OCT in November 2021. You will be really well supported by our team, including our Dispensing Optician.
We benefit from free parking behind the store and Upminster station.
We would love to hear from you - get in touch for a confidential chat!