Title: Surgery Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
For over 30 years, millions of patients have trusted Optical Express with their eye care. As Europe’s leading private provider of laser eye, premium intraocular lens and cataract surgery, our Surgeons undertake more laser procedures collectively than any other provider. We look after thousands of patients in our clinics every week and it’s a privilege to transform the lives of so many.
The Optical Express team work together, collectively and consistently striving for excellence. We support each other, respect each other and are committed to a culture of care, trust and integrity. The culture extends to our local communities, through our range of charitable and environmental projects. We focus on doing what is right for our patients, our colleagues, our local communities and our planet.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the leadership team at our prestigious Leeds clinic in the role of Surgery Manager. This role would be well suited to someone with existing clinical management experience. It will provide the successful candidate with the opportunity to develop their skills across a broad remit and disciplines. You will be responsible for setting and maintaining world class surgical team standards throughout the clinic.
The main aspects of the role –
- Leading a team of outstanding clinicians to deliver the best possible outcomes for our patients
- Ensuring that all colleagues have the right support in place to excel and develop their skills
- Identifying and implementing systems to ensure world class surgical treatments and appropriate patient outcomes
- Motivate the surgical team to achieve the clinical KPI’s and targets for treatment volumes
- Providing support for the team in efficient and productive use of surgery time and maximisation of surgery lists
- Achieving and showcasing exceptional Clinical Governance and HCC systems centrally and ensuring full compliance – first time, every time
- Experience and gravitas to lead and support the team comprising of surgery assistants, nurses and surgeons, all the while ensuring targets for laser eye surgery and intraocular procedures are met through effective utilisation of resources
The successful candidate will have experience of –
- Leading a diverse and senior team, preferably within a clinical setting
- Hands-on and customer-centric approach
- Delivery against recognised industry standards
- Developing a multi-disciplinary team to meet the levels of service and activity expectations
- Leadership with incidents, safeguarding, referrals and complaints
- Monitoring SLA’s and escalation as required
- Managing the performance of the team to deliver the highest calibre of clinical and customer service at all times
- Maintaining relationships with the senior leadership team
- Confidence and integrity to operate with the utmost discretion
- Excellent communication and presentation skill
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive and industry leading salary
- Free or discounted optical products and procedures
- Defined and unparalleled career path and progression opportunities
- Modern working environment
- Exposure to cutting edge technology and techniques
- Opportunity to work with talented colleagues to truly change people lives
Please apply now by uploading your CV.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop within a professional working environment.
Optical Express is an equal opportunities employer.