As a Contact Lens Optician
at Vision Express, you’ll mainly provide your specialist expertise in fitting and providing contact lenses to our customers. You’ll conduct eye exams to determine the type of lenses that are suitable for each customer’s needs and provide education and support on contact lens care and maintenance, depending on their requirements and lifestyle.
Your expertise and dedication will play a critical role in helping us to achieve our mission of helping our customers to ‘See More and Be More’ by providing tailored and effective eyecare and eyewear solutions, to help customers maximise their visual potential and enhance their lifestyle. Although the hours of this role are advertised, if this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear about your ideal working week. Whether this is hours to fit around the school run or you prefer a compressed week - we are open to discussing flexible options with you further.
Who are we?We are Vision Express - with over 550 stores across the UK and Ireland, we have something for everyone. Whether you want to work in a busy city centre flagship, a smaller village store or in one of our coastal locations, we're sure we will have the perfect solution for you!
Did you know, we are also part of the EssilorLuxottica family? EssilorLuxottica is the global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of lenses, frames and sunglasses! We are home to the most loved and widely-recognised vision care and eyewear brands in the world. Their priority eyewear brands include Ray-Ban, Oakley, Costa, Vogue Eyewear, Persol and Oliver Peoples, complemented by over 20 prestigious licensed brands.Who is the perfect candidate?
Anything else you should know?
- Have a degree in Optometry or a diploma in Optometry with registration on the General Optical Council
- Proficiency in assessing and diagnosing vision problems which lead to using your expertise to fit and prescribe contact lenses
- Great communication and rapport building to translate professional terminology into language understandable to patients
- Exceptional attention to detail in maintaining accurate customer records, prescriptions, and requirements to provide them with the best service and product recommendations
- Team work with colleagues across the whole store team
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations in a fast-paced retail environment
- Ability to stay up to date with advancements in contact lens technology and industry regulations
- Confidence, passion, drive and enthusiasm
- Sales and performance-based bonus
- Targeted incentives
- Competitive pension scheme
- Private medical cover for you and your family
- Life Assurance - 4 x your basic annual salary
- Free eyewear annually with eligibility from day one of joining us!
- Opportunities to get involved in the OneSight EssilorLuxottica Foundation
- Discounts throughout the year for your friends and family
- Employee Assistance Program offering confidential support and advice on everything from financial support and everything in-between
- Ongoing CPD and personal development opportunities
- Access to world leading technology and great working environments
- Coverage of professional fees such as GOC and ABDO
- Earning potential through our referral programme
- 33 days annual leave - increasing with your length of service, plus the opportunity to buy or sell holiday
- Flexible health related benefits, such as Health Cash Plan, Additional Life cover, Critical Illness cover and Dental Plan
- Opportunities to join a company wide ECP community with peer-to-peer knowledge sharing and collaborating through our internal channels
- Flexible lifestyle benefits, such as Gymflex, Dining Cards, Discounted Travel Insurance, Experience Days and even discounted bicycles through our Cycle to Work Scheme
- And so much more!