As an Optometrist Store Manager
at Vision Express, you’ll be responsible for managing the daily operations of a Vision Express store, whilst also providing Optometry services to our customers where you’ll get to work with some world class technology including Automated refraction, non contact tonometry, automated keratometry, Fundus Camera, Visual Field Analyser, OCT and Automated Phoropters to name a few.
You’ll oversee the work of your colleagues in store and ensure that customer satisfaction is maintained, whilst working as a team to drive sales, manage inventory and maintain profitability of the store with the support of your in-store team, Regional Manager, and Store Support Centre colleagues.
Your passion for optometry will support our ambition to ‘See More and Be More’ for our customers maximising their lifestyle through appropriate eyecare and eyewear solutions. Although the hours of this role are advertised, if this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear about your ideal working week. Whether this is hours to fit around the school run or you prefer a compressed week - we are open to discussing flexible options with you further.Who are we?
We are Vision Express - with over 550 stores across the UK and Ireland, we have something for everyone. Whether you want to work in a busy city centre flagship, a smaller village store or in one of our coastal locations, we're sure we will have the perfect solution for you!
Did you know, we are also part of the EssilorLuxottica family? EssilorLuxottica is the global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of lenses, frames and sunglasses! We are home to the most loved and widely-recognised vision care and eyewear brands in the world. Their priority eyewear brands include Ray-Ban, Oakley, Costa, Vogue Eyewear, Persol and Oliver Peoples, complemented by over 20 prestigious licensed brands.Who is the perfect candidate?
Anything else you should know?
- Have a degree in Optometry or a diploma in Optometry, with registration on the General Optical Council
- Strong leadership skills to manage a team of Optometrists and Retail colleagues in store and encourage team work
- Business acumen to drive sales, manage inventory and maintain profitability of the store
- Experience in testing patients eyes and eyesight with in-depth knowledge to provide specialist recommendations on appropriate eyecare or eyewear solutions
- Great communication and rapport building to translate professional terminology into language understandable to patients
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations in a fast-paced retail environment
- Confidence, passion, drive and enthusiasm
- Sales and performance-based bonus
- Targeted incentives
- Competitive pension scheme
- Private medical cover for you and your family
- Life Assurance - 4 x your basic annual salary
- Free eyewear annually with eligibility from day one of joining us!
- Opportunities to get involved in the OneSight EssilorLuxottica Foundation
- Discounts for friends and family
- Earning potential through our referral programme
- Employee Assistant Program offering confidential support and advice on everything from financial support to emotional support and everything in-between
- Ongoing CPD and personal development opportunities
- Additional overtime opportunities paid at 85% of the locum rate
- Access to world leading technology and great working environments
- Coverage of professional fees such as GOC and ABDO
- 33 days annual leave - increasing with your length of service, plus the opportunity to buy or sell holiday
- Flexible health related benefits, such as Health Cash plan, Additional Life cover, Critical Illness cover and Dental Plan
- Opportunities to join a company wide ECP community with peer to peer knowledge sharing and collaborating through our internal channels
- Flexible lifestyle benefits such as; Gymflex, Dining Cards, Discounted Travel Insurance, experience days and even discounted bicycles through our Cycle to Work Scheme
- And so much more!