Location – Glasgow City Centre, on-site
Hours – 40 hours per week
Optical Express is focused on delivering exceptional patient care, outstanding clinical outcomes and continued investment in our people and technology.
For over 30 years, millions of patients across all ages have trusted Optical Express with their eye care. As Europe’s leading private provider of laser eye, premium intraocular lens and cataract surgery, our Surgeons undertake more refractive surgery procedures collectively than any other provider. We look after thousands of patients in our clinics every week and it’s a privilege to transform the lives of so many.
The Optical Express team work together, collectively and consistently striving for excellence. We support each other, respect each other and are committed to a culture of care, trust and integrity.
The culture extends to our local communities, through our range of charitable and environmental projects. We focus on doing what is right for our patients, our colleagues, our local communities and our planet.
If you’re looking to work as an in-house Solicitor for a market leader in a clinical field, then read on.
- Working as part of the in-house legal team who cover a varied portfolio that includes UK-wide medical malpractice claims, contract drafting and regulatory matters.
- Acting as Panel Solicitor and handling discussions with insurers, Solicitor firms and party litigants.
- Managing an individual pre-litigated and litigated caseload with minimal supervision.
- Providing succinct advice/reports and obtaining instructions from key stakeholders including Board members and insurers.
- Offering support and guidance in all legal matters where required within the business.
- Qualified Solicitor within Scotland, with a current practising certificate from the Law Society of Scotland.
- A solid understanding of medical malpractice/personal injury litigation.
- Experience of autonomously managing an individual caseload with minimal supervision.
- 3 years or more PQE preferable, although we will consider other candidates with the correct attributes.
- Confident working independently but also work well within a team.
- Have excellent IT and administrative skills.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of business needs and willingness to research and advise on all areas of law.
- Dual-qualification in Scots and English Law is desirable, though not essential.
- Knowledge of English legal system is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working in an in-house legal team.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Complimentary or discounted optical products/procedures
- Career development and diversity, working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, which includes other Solicitors and in-house expert clinicians
- Modern, city centre working environment with superb technology support
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading organisation where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop within a professional working environment.
We are an equal opportunities employer.