Job Title: Audiologist
Reporting to: Regional Manager
Salary: £40,000 p/a pro rata + commission
Location: Swindon, Reading, Oxfordand surrounding
As a domiciliary audiologist, you can help our most vulnerable patients with their hearing in the comfort of their homes. You'll play a crucial role in providing audiological testing services to patients in the comfort of their homes, in-store (certain locations) as well as supporting the NHS.
You'll be trusted to make autonomous decisions and valued for your professional expertise. You'll have full support from our central teams including logistical and clinical support.
- To manage a daily schedule of adults with hearing loss.
- Pure Tone Audiometry including masking as required.
- Tests for non-organic hearing loss.
- Testing for Noise Induced Hearing Loss.
- Taking aural impressions and selection of appropriate ear moulds.
- Selection and programming/fitting of appropriate hearing instruments.
- Provision of a full, structured, patient centric aftercare programme to ensure maximum satisfaction.
- Provide appropriate support for individuals with hearing loss.
- To use appropriate outcome measures, both subjective and objective to ensure hearing instruments are providing maximum benefit and use evidence-based practice to support this.
- Use of Real Ear Measurement equipment to validate and verify hearing instrument fittings.
- To commit to lifelong learning to ensure that you keep up to date with the latest developments in Audiology.
- To be responsible for daily maintenance of test equipment and arrange calibration as and when required.
- To provide ear care and wax removal where required (appropriate training will be provided).
- To follow best practice principles with regard to infection control in the workplace.
- To meet the appropriate level of expertise to register with the HCPC as a Hearing Aid Dispenser (appropriate training will be provided as needed).
- To demonstrate the ability to reflect on own practice with peers and management and to identify own strengths and development needs.
- To be responsible for own professional actions and to recognise own professional boundaries and when to seek advice from others.
- To contribute as part of a clinical team and be willing to discuss client needs with others.
- To attend appropriate supervision and training in order to maintain skills and knowledge and to expand Scope of Practice whilst ensuring compliance with HCPC CPD requirements.
- To be responsible for maintain own CPD records in a form acceptable to the HCPC.
- To understand the principles of clinical governance and its application to professional practice in Audiology.
- Responsible for ensuring staff are aware and comply with all Infection Control Policies and Procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring staff are aware and comply with Health and Safety and Risk Management Policies and Procedures.
You'lls & Experience
- Effective and flexible communicator to multiple parties
- Use of digital systems and attention to detail
- Confident driver with at least two years driving experience with the ability to find multiple locations
- Works calmly under pressure
- Pragmatic approach when problem solving
- Organised and able to multitask
- Working within own clinical knowledge and limitations
What we offer
- Basic salary of up to £40,000 depending on experience and qualifications.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Additional holidays with length of service
- Life Assurance x 4
- Access to health & wellbeing initiatives
- Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5% on successful completion of the probationary period.
- Access to ou'lleague assistance programme, Health Assured supporting the wellbeing of the workforce.
- 20 days holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays)
- Discounted eyewear and hearing products after qualifying period.