Up to £36,000
45 min – 1 hour testing
Optical Biometer / OCT / Optomap
E-Eye IPL Dry eye treatment
Part time (3 - 4 days)
Job ID: 220923-3172
Major Healthcare is current working with one of North-West Kents leading local family run independent opticians, they pride themselves on an independent, professional and ethical service combining specialist expertise, products and value to deliver an innovative approach.
We are looking to speak with Dispensing Opticians who are interested in a part time position and who are a keen advocate of unique specialist optical patient care.
The companies practices are all long established serving the communities in the local areas, they have built a strong reputation for the quality of their professional expertise and service.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Dispensing Optician to join a friendly and experienced team of optical professionals who offer a more unique variety of specialist services to their vast patient base.
- Basic salary of up to £36,000 + benefits
- 45 minutes – 1 hour testing times, offering the ability to gain a greater understanding of patients concerns, needs and lifestyles
- Their spacious rooms are equipped with modern and hi-tech equipment, and they use the latest innovative designs in spectacle lens technology and frame design
- Equipment includes; OCT, Optomap, Phoropter heads, Optical Biometer (to measure axial length), Humphries VFA, Contact & non-contact tonometry, Slit Lamp, Trail frames sets alongside a very efficient computerised management system
- The company run a variety unique specialist services and clinics including; Dry eye services (Inc. IPL Therapy), MECS, Visual Stress & Colorimetry, Diabetic screening, Glaucoma & Cataract monitoring, Myopia management, Paediatrics eyecare, Eye examinations for patients with learning disabilities, Hear care services and Specialist contact lenses inc. Ortho-K (Vison correction) contact lenses, Myopia MiYOSMART contact lenses and MiSight contact lenses
- Working within a team of specialists professionals who love optometry, unique specialties include; Orthoptist, Independent Prescriber, Medical retina and diabetic eye disease and Binocular vision abnormalities, to name just a few
- Working with a wide range of designer and fashionable glasses with the ability to handpick the best frames and lenses for customers without having to be restricted to any one supplier
- 2 very spacious test rooms within a relaxed, high-end setting and a spacious and beautifully presented working environment
- The company have supported a number employees over the years with clinical career development and continue to promote and recommend a variety of opportunities
- Closed Sundays, Bank Holidays, offering alternate Saturdays and working half day Saturdays as the practice closes at 2:00pm, with no late nights midweek as the practice closes at 5:30pm
- Being part of a friendly, close-knit team of experienced optical professionals who have worked together for years and are all friends and extremely passionate about optometry
- The teams are closely involved in the local communities, running regular awareness events, presentations and charity days
Details and requirements
- Opening hours: Monday – Friday (09:00am – 17:30pm), Saturday (09:00am – 14:00pm)
- Part time role (3 - 4 days a week)
- Closed Sundays, Bank Holidays and only half a day on Saturdays
- Eligibility to work in the UK and GOC Registered
Salary and benefits
- Basic salary of up to £36,000
- Pension + professional fees
- 20 days holiday + 8 BH (28 in total)
If you would like to enquire about this role and/or to have a confidential chat, please do not hesitate to email, call, text or send your CV to the contact details below.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Call/Text: 07881287964