A brand new and exciting opportunity based in the Guildford area has just become available with one of the leading optical companies that cater to Ophthalmology Services. This leading specialist eye care company are now looking for a Scrub Nurse who will be responsible for participating in all aspects of the Ophthalmic Surgical pathway.
Responsibilities of the Ophthalmology Scrub Nurse
They will provide excellent care to all patients, with specific responsibility for providing skilled clinical and technical assistance as a member of the operating theatre team, and also may include peri-operative and post-operative care in the surgical and refractive suite of the hospital, and assisting with minor operations.
They will ensure a comprehensive level of care provision ensuring the patient is regularly updated to encompass change and will deliver highly skilled patient-centered care to all ophthalmic patients within the hospital.
They will assist in maintaining an ‘out of hours’ emergency patient service for quality standards and continuity of care. They will adhere to the principles of clinical governance and the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to assist in providing the most efficient and effective level of service
To promote a sensitive, responsive and caring approach to all patients, visitors and colleagues within the hospital environment. To be responsible for the delivery of high quality, safe and effective patient care throughout the patients’ visit. To work in a manner that also ensures maximum efficiency, effective utilisation of resources and the seamless delivery of support to Consultants / Surgeons.
Requirements of the Ophthalmology Scrub Nurse
” Registered General Nurse or Operating Department Practitioner
” Current NMC/ HCP registration
” Evidence of ongoing professional development
” Registered Nurse 1st level registration with theatre course or equivalent experience, or, ODP Level 3 NVQ in Operating department practice, or, ODA City and Guilds 752
” Computer and IT skills i.e. good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
” Awareness of responsibilities in relation to NMC Professional Code of Conduct
” Awareness of role of CQC
” Displays the organisational shared values
” Commitment to service excellence
” Caring and empathetic nature
” Effective written and oral communications skills
” Ability to problem solve, anticipate and prioritise appropriately
” Demonstrates a proactive, positive and optimistic attitude using common sense approach
” Flexibility in working pattern to meet the needs of the service
” Flexible, pragmatic and articulate
” Demonstrates ability to work under pressure
” Ability to work well in a team but also without direct supervision
” Confident with senior colleagues, clinicians and key suppliers
” Willingness to undertake appropriate training and development
Compensation for the Ophthalmology Scrub Nurse
– Generous salary which is reviewed annually. This role pays up to £38,500 dependent on experience
– Generous matched pension contributions
– 33 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
– Private Healthcare, 24/7 GP appointments, physio and counselling for your wellbeing
– Free laser eye treatment for you and 20% discount for friends and family
– Learning and development which supports you to be the best you can be and progress on your career path
– Access to thousands of discounts from all the bid (and plenty of small) names on the high street, including retail, supermarkets, travel and hospitality to help your money go further
– SMART working – because we believe in work life balance
What happens next?
Once you have applied, one of the experienced team at Inspired Selections will give you a call to discuss the role in more detail.
They will also go over your previous experience from your CV and your current situation to make sure you have the relevant experience and match what the client is looking for.
Once this has been discussed leave it to us and we will arrange the meeting for you.
To apply for this new and rare opportunity:
– Call Chris at Inspired Selections on 0121 778 6999
– Upload your C.V to www.inspiredselections.co.uk
– SMS your Name and Availability for a call to 07537417722