Hospital Optometrist – Wirral
We are the leading UK provider of ophthalmology services for NHS patients and the UK’s largest NHS cataract surgery provider.
We believe in empowering individuals to help improve their vision. We are privileged to be able to support the thousands of patients that come to SpaMedica, drastically reducing waiting times for treatment.
Site Location: St Catherine’s Health Centre, Church Rd, Birkenhead CH42 0LQ
What’s on Offer?
- Basic salary between £51,459 – £63,664
- 2 yearly bonuses, both worth up to 5% of your annual salary (Paid in January and June)
- Time in lieu scheme, if you go over your contracted hours, we will give you your time back
- Work life balance shifts of – Full time 5-day a week starting 9am to 5pm and 1 in 4 Saturday’s- Part time 3 days per week starting 9am to 5pm and 1 in 4 Saturday’s
- 33 days holiday allowance per year, Including Bank Holidays. (Pro-rata for part time)
- Pension contribution
- Outstanding clinical and professional development opportunities
- Support with CPD and GOC fees paid
- Access to the latest clinical technology such as OCT
- Continuous training and development programme through our internal learning management system and clinical training team to help enhance your skills.
- Discounts at a large selection of retailers/hospitality
- Conducting pre- and post-operative assessment on patients attending after referral for cataract surgery.
- Conducting pre-op assessment on those patients referred for Laser YAG capsulotomy.
- Obtaining informed consent in a professional and ethical manner
- Take part in the hospital “on call” and weekend rota.
- Undertake intermediate life support (ILS) training.
This role will be based at our Birkenhead clinic, however travel to other sites will be required on occasion and for training.
“Our patients matter to us. As the UK’s largest cataract surgery provider, we work every day to give something meaningful to you, and life-changing to our patients. Our patients place their trust in you, and by working with us, you can truly change people’s lives”
For more information on us please check out our website https://www.spamedica.co.uk/about-us/
If you are able to put our patients at the heart of everything you do, then apply today as we want to hear from YOU!