Job Title: Audiology Patient Advisor
Reporting to: Audiology Support Manager
Salary: 19,500 per annum
Hours: Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week
Optimism Health Group is a healthcare investment business, focussing specifically on the rapidly growing market for the provision of healthcare products and clinical services to older people. Through a series of acquisitions, we have created the UK's leading provider of optical and hearing care at home, OutsideClinic Group.
Last year we delivered over £220,000 domiciliary clinics for older people in their own homes, as well as in care homes and sheltered housing. This life-changing service operates right across the UK, supporting the NHS to provide vital eye and hearing care to people who may struggle to get to the high street unaided.
We have identified both the need and opportunity to scale the service over the next few years. To do this we are building on our strengths, expanding our capabilities, and continually seeking to improve what we do and how we do it to better serve our customers.
- Inbou'lls from patients who have expressed an interest in booking a private or NHS hearing test.
- Understanding and communicating up to date information on the products and services offered by OutsideClinic.
- Identifying booking opportunities and leads.
- Act as a filter for quality lead generation; discussing the current difficulties with the patients hearing, advise what will happen during the hearing test, and inform patients of the cost of a hearing aid.
- Contact patients after their Private or NHS fitting appointment. Follow up on how they found the experience, how they're finding the hearing aid and if any further assistance is necessary.
- Refer any patients to the Clinical Team if they are experiencing any issues with their hearing aids.
- Contact patients that have reached the end of their NHS pathway to enquire if they require a further hearing test.
- Triage calls for any customers requiring a wax removal appointment.
- Being proactive with contacts to ensure we are first in mind when they are looking for assistance with their hearing care needs.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to achieve high standards at all times and be able to use initiative and creativity.
- Positive can do attitude, with a desire to exceed internal/external client expectations.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good IT/literacy and attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills, ability to take responsibility for and prioritise own workload.
- Good customer service skills, committing to company belief of always do what is right for the patient.
- A professional, approachable nature.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
What we offer
Private Medical Insurance
Life Assurance x 4
Access to health & wellbeing initiatives
Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5% on successful completion of the probationary period
20 days holiday entitlement (plus bank holidays)
Discounted eyewear and hearing products after qualifying period