- Optical Express
- Competitive plus benefits
- Closing date
- 19 Apr 2023
- Job Role
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Job Title: Refractive Trainer
Location/base: South (Mobile)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Optical Express is focused on delivering exceptional patient care, outstanding clinical outcomes and continued investment in our people and technology.
For over 30 years, millions of patients have trusted Optical Express with their eye care. As Europe’s leading private provider of laser eye, premium intraocular lens and cataract surgery, our Surgeons undertake more laser procedures collectively than any other provider. We look after thousands of patients in our clinics every week and it’s a privilege to transform the lives of so many.
The Optical Express team work together, collectively and consistently striving for excellence. We support each other, respect each other and are committed to a culture of care, trust and integrity.
The culture extends to our local communities, through our range of charitable and environmental projects. We focus on doing what is right for our patients, our colleagues, our local communities and our planet.
Are you passionate about delivering high quality patient care?
Would you like to take the next step in your career whilst making a real difference to both patients and staff?
We are looking for committed, enthusiastic and dedicated people to join our forward thinking and growing team.
The successful candidate will have a passion for delivering high quality training and be flexible to work in a dynamic environment.
We are looking to appoint a highly motivated Refractive Trainer.
The ideal candidates will have in the ophthalmic environment, significant experience with Diagnostic imaging and be able to deliver a range of training across the business.
About the role
The post holder will provide clinical training across the business to ensure that the clinical workforce is fit for practice and able to respond to changes in patient care delivery.
You will be highly visible, offering clinical support in ophthalmic diagnostics and refractive systems and have the ability to prioritise and manage the demands of a busy workload.
You will facilitate training for all levels of staff, ensuring that the requirements of the business and the individual are met.
If you believe you have the technical skills and motivation to succeed in this role we are keen to hear from you. If you are an Ophthalmic Technician with a minimum of 2 years recent Ophthalmic experience, please apply now.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Act as a mentor to new and existing members of the surgery team.
- Participate in induction, clinical training programmes and competency sign off.
- Identify and assess future and current training needs for teams.
- Be an ambassador for best practice.
- Design and deliver training competencies.
- Maintain training records.
- Support the opening and mobilisation of new clinics and treatment centres.
- Provide focused training on state of the art Ophthalmic imaging and Refractive systems
This is a mobile role covering the South of England and Wales with further travel required on occasion to meet the needs of the business. You will be joining the Clinical Education Team and working alongside our Refractive Trainer (north) and team of experienced Practice Education Facilitators, reporting to the Director of Care and Quality.
What’s in it for you?
- A market leading salary
- No night shift
- State of the art, modern working environments
- 29 days annual leave per year
- Pension scheme
- Free Laser Eye Surgery and Intraocular Lens Surgery
- Free eye tests
- Discounted prescription eyewear and sunglasses
- Generous Optical Express friends and family discount scheme
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
- An accessible management team and transparent management structure
- Working in a larger clinical team means less pressure on our staff and more time to spend with our patients
- Perk box subscription
- Full visibility of 6 week rota
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an established organisation where you will have the support to grow and develop within a professional working environment.
Optical Express is an equal opportunities employer
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert