As an Optometrist
in our store, you will get to work with some world class technology including Automated refraction, non contact tonometry, automated keratometry, Fundus Camera, Visual Field Analyser, OCT and Automated Phoropters to name a few. Your passion for optometry will support our ambition to 'Create Joy in Vision' for our customers maximising their lifestyle through appropriate eyecare and eyewear solutions. Whether you are recently qualified or have years of experience, we'll support you continuously to learn and grow.Although the hours of this role are advertised, if this sounds like the role for you, we'd love to hear about your ideal working week. Whether this is hours to fit around the school run or you prefer a compressed week - we are open to discussing flexible options with you further.About us
We are Vision Express - with over 600 stores across the UK and Ireland, we have something for everyone. Whether you want to work in a busy city centre flagship, a smaller village store or in one of our coastal locations, we're sure we will have the perfect solution for you!
Did you know, we are also part of the EssilorLuxottica family? EssilorLuxottica are the global leaders in the design, manufacture and distribution of lenses, frames and sunglasses! We are home to the most loved and widely-recognized vision care and eyewear brands in the world. Their priority eyewear brand include Ray-Ban, Oakley, Costa, Vogue Eyewear, Persol and Oliver Peoples, complemented by over 20 prestigious licensed brands.To be successful in the role, here are a few things we will look for:
What's on offer?
- Experience in testing patients eyes and eyesight whilst providing specialist recommendations on appropriate eyecare or eyewear solutions
- Great communication and rapport building to translate professional terminology into language understandable to patients
- Team work with colleagues across the whole store team
- The ability to work under pressure and handle challenging situations in a fast-paced retail environment
- Confidence, passion, drive and enthusiasm
Basic salary up to £72,250 (subject to your experience and location)
- An additional £4,000 car allowance
- Sales and performance-based bonus
- Targeted incentives
- Private medical cover for you and your family
- Free eyewear annually with eligibility from day one of joining us!
- Opportunities to get involved in the EssilorLuxottica One Sight Foundation
- Discounts for friends and family
- Employee Assistant Program offering confidential support and advice on everything from financial support to emotional support and everything in-between
- Ongoing CPD and personal development opportunities
- Additional overtime opportunities paid at 85% of the locum rate
- Access to world leading technology and great working environments
- Coverage of professional fees such as GOC and ABDO
- 33 days annual leave - increasing with your length of service, plus the opportunity to buy or sell holiday
- Flexible health related benefits, such as health cash plan, additional life cover, critical illness cover and dental cover
- Opportunities to join a company wide ECP community with peer to peer knowledge sharing and collaborating through our internal Yapster groups/span>
- Flexible lifestyle benefits such as Gymflex, Gourmet Society Cards, Taste Cards, Discounted Travel Insurance, Experience
- Days and even discounted bicycles through our cycle to work scheme
- And so much more!