- Major Recruitment
- Loughborough, Leicestershire
- £28,000 - £34,000
- Closing date
- 14 Apr 2023
- Job Role
- Dispensing Optician
- Independent Practice
- Contract Type
- Full Time, Part Time
£34,000 basic salary
Award winning independent
45 min - 1 hour test times
Half day Saturdays
Job ID: 140323-3120
Major Recruitment are working with a family run independent Opticians who have a fantastic opportunity to employ a new Dispensing Optician.
The company is a multi-award-winning practice in Loughborough who believe that continuity of care is a fundamental independent value to uphold, this is a belief that is mirrored throughout the practice.
We are looking for a dispensing optician who can communicate effectively to build rapport and trust, and an individual who enjoys planning, organisation, and loves helping others develop and grow.
- Basic salary of up to £34,000+
- 45 min - 1 hour testing times spending that extra time to gain a greater understanding of patients concerns, needs and lifestyles
- Package including uncapped bonus, company pension, annual parking pass, GOC & ABDO fees, employee discount and potential shared ownership
- Work with a wide range of designer and fashionable glasses, with a host of different styles offering a truly personalised frame styling and lens consultation service
- Working within a multi award winning practice with 2 spacious test rooms and a relaxed, high-end and beautifully presented working environment
- Offering the latest diagnostic equipment and the latest technological advances in contact lenses, equipment including OCT and Optomap alongside a fully computerised management system
- The practice offer specialist services to patients, these include Myopia (over night vision correction) lenses with integrated topography ‘Orthokeratology’, Dry eye clinics, Glaucoma and Cataract assessment, specialist contact lenses and Hearing care
- Your day-to-day work will be extremely varied allowing you to become more involved within the business, extra duties Inc. training, marketing and business development
- Working closely with the management team and meeting with frame and lens suppliers regarding product launches, updates, and stock management
- They company offer weekend flexibility; the practice closes at 12:30pm on Saturdays and is closed on Sundays & Bank Holidays with no late nights as the practice closes at 5:30pm midweek
- Regular internal and external training arranged by the company
Details and requirements
- Hours: Monday - Friday (09:00am - 17:30pm) Saturday (09:00am - 12:30pm)
- Closed Sundays & Bank Holidays with weekend flexibility possible
- Full or part time position considered
- Eligibility to work in the UK and GOC Registered
Salary and benefits
- Basic salary of up to £34,000+
- Uncapped bonus + professional fee (GOC & ABDO)
- Company pension + annual parking pass
- Employee discount and potential profit share
- 20 days holiday + 8 BH (28 in total)
If you would like to enquire about this role and/or to have a confidential chat, please do not hesitate to email, call, text or send your CV to the contact details below.
Email: email@example.com Call/Text: 07881287964
Major Healthcare - Optical & Audiology Recruitment
We help Optical & Audiology professionals of all varieties find their perfect opportunity, whether that be within an independent, multiple, franchise, private eye hospital or domiciliary company.
Our efficient, discreet and confidential service is perfect for an individual actively seeking a position, or like the vast proportion of people we speak to, someone who is open minded to considering their options.
We have years of experience working within the sectors and so you will feel like you are speaking to someone who genuinely speaks your language and truly understands where you are coming from.
After a brief conversation we can help advise on current opportunities within your sector and also discuss where you might be better suited based on the criteria you set out to us.
We truly love what we do, so do not hesitate to call us for a structured, non-time consuming and confidential conversation where we will do all we can to help on 07881287964.
Don’t just take our word for it…..
“Great guy. Listens to your needs. Quick and fast communication. Couldn’t praise you enough. Keep up the great work”
“Great and fast communication and always helpful. Appreciate the work, a great job. Always organized and professional. Thanks again”.
“During my Pre-Reg the team contacted me to see if I was interested in other opportunities. He was professional and great at listening to what I required from a job. He quickly found me a role that was well suited to me at an independent store. I am now thoroughly enjoying a new job”.
“After working for a Multiple for 13 years, they found the perfect next step for me! Professional throughout keeping me updated with every step. The process was very easy and stress free. Thank you”!
“At the end of my pre-registration year as an Optometrist, the team contacted me to enquire if I was interested in a few opportunities they could introduce me to. I found them very personable and before I knew it, I had an interview and then a job! They worked well negotiating on behalf of myself and the employer and I couldn't thank them enough”.
Apply for Dispensing Optician
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert