Optical Assistant - Cardiff
- Closing date
- 4 Apr 2023
- Job Role
- Optical Assistant
- Contract Type
- Full Time
As a domiciliary Optical Assistant, you can help our most vulnerable patients with their eyesight in the comfort of their homes.
Your role will also involve assisting our optometrists in a Care home setting helping with pre-testing and dispensing to these Patients.
You'll deliver our life-changing service, supporting our patients and providing vital eye care to people who may struggle to get to the high street unaided.
You'll be trusted to make autonomous decisions and valued for your professional expertise. You'll have full support from our central teams including logistical and clinical support.
Your role will be much more varied than in practice! You'll be delivering, fitting and adjusting prescription glasses in the patients home and Care homes , travelling around your region. All of your routes and appointments are booked by our expert Scheduling team and with full support from our in-house Professional Services department. You can be sure that you'll have everything you need to give your patients the best possible care and attention.
Your key Accountabilities
- Always adhere to the GOC standards of practice
- Follow professional and sector guidance wherever possible and practicable
- Create a safe working environment prioritising yours and your patients safety
- Create an effective communication style that is sensitive to each patients unique and sometimes complex needs
- Follow and attain set KPIs
- Explain each procedure clearly as you've through the dispense/fittings.
- Giving advice, information and support to patients living with sight loss (GOC registered dispensing opticians only).
- Confirm understanding of your recommendations and test outcomes to appropriate parties eg: patient/care staff/family
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with central support and clinical staff throughout the company
- Ensure all statutory and mandatory training is completed
Your Qualifications and Knowledge
- Up-to-date CPD throu'vents (GOC registered dispensing opticians only).
- Awareness of regulations and working knowledge of latest industry updates
You'lls & Experience
- Effective and flexible communicator to multiple parties
- Use of digital systems and attention to detail
- Confident driver with at least two years driving experience with the ability to find multiple locations
- Works calmly under pressure
- Pragmatic approach when problem solving
- Be Confident in all aspects of dispensing and pre testing (focimetry ,tonometry )
- Work confidently on your own or as part of a crew working closely with an optometrist.
- Organised and able to multitask
- Working within own clinical knowledge and limitations
- Maintain a good standard of equipment requesting new or replacement in a timely manner
- Maintain and complete stock checks when required
- Maintain appropriate levels of stationery
Health and Safety
- Follow the companys COVID, health, safety and environmental policies, guidelines and procedures always
- Follow all relevant company infection control procedures
- Report any incidents in the workplace appropriately and in a timely manner
- Take responsibility for own personal health and wellbeing, using company support mechanisms when needed
- 01793 648607
10-14 High Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert