- Zest Optical
- England, Berkshire, Reading
- £45000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus
- Closing date
- 3 Mar 2023
- Job Role
- Independent Practice
- Contract Type
- Full Time
An independent Opticians based in Reading, Berkshire are looking for a full time Optometrist to join the team.
This is an advanced practice that can offer a great deal of progression and development opportunities as they offer specialist services such as Dry Eye clinics, colorimetry and Ortho K. You will be working in a large successful practice which currently employs 5-6 Optometrists.
Optometrist - Role
- Deliver first class eye examinations, contact lens care and other eyecare services provided by the practice.
- 30-60 minute appointments
- OCT and Optomap available
- Treat each patient as an individual and afford them the best eyecare they can expect to receive as an individual and unique person.
- Listen, empathise and understand the unique needs and desires of each patient and ensure they receive the best eyecare possible - understand that everyone deserves the best.
- Carry out the required examination in an enthusiastic and caring manner.
- Explain each step of the examination so that the patient understands what is happening.
- Discuss fully the various ways we have to correct their vision or other eye or eye health related issues.
- Hand over every patient within the consulting room where possible, to the relevant colleague to take them on the next stage of their journey. If this is a referral ensure this is done and the patient understands how this will be done.
- Introduce all patients to the benefits of contact lenses and encourage them to experience lenses for themselves
- Carry out high quality contact lens fittings and aftercare
- Where appropriate refer the patient to a colleague for contact lens wear
- Ensure staff delivering support services (e.g. A&R for Contact Lenses) are properly trained and regularly updated on latest practices.
- Assist the Practice Manager to help develop the practice in a positive way, to deliver desired Customer Delight and Sales results.
- Fulfil your role in the efficient administration of practice affairs (e.g. NHS forms, record keeping)
- Participate and contribute in cross group discussions to improve the delivery of eyecare services across the group.
Optometrist - Requirements
- Fully qualified Optometrist registered with the GOC
- Excellent communications and organisational skills
- Clinically focused
- Any additional specialities or interests would be beneficial
- Interested in further training
Optometrist - Salary
- Between £45,000 to £55,000
- Bonus schemes
- Full time including Saturdays - 8.45am to 5.30pm
- 1 Hour Lunch
- Fees paid for
- Additional company benefits
To avoid missing out on this opportunity, please send your CV across to Rebecca Wood using the 'Apply' link as soon as possible.
We are Zest Optical, a specialist optical recruitment agency working exclusively within the optical marketplace. Having been established since 2006 we have created an excellent reputation in industry for offering a personal and honest recruitment service.
We believe that in order to provide the best service to both clients and candidates, we need to understand and match aspirations, skills and personalities. In this way we can create a mutually profitable relationship, supporting candidates and clients in achieving their goals.
All our consultants have a passion for the industry and a genuine interest in finding the best fit for both candidates and clients alike.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert