Assistant Practice Manager
- Major Recruitment
- £28,000 - £34,000
- Closing date
- 3 Mar 2023
- Job Role
- Dispensing Optician, Optical Management
- Independent Practice
- Contract Type
- Full Time, Part Time
Assistant Practice Manager
£34,000 + bonus
30-45 minute test times
Opportunity for share ownership
Job ID: 150922-2165
Major recruitment are working with a family run, independent Opticians who have a fantastic opportunity to employ a new Assistant Practice Manager.
The company are an award-winning independent practice located West of Dunstable. They believe that continuity of care is a fundamental independent value to uphold, this is a belief that is mirrored throughout the practice.
We are looking for an experienced Optical Assistant, Dispensing Optician or Assistant Manager looking to take the next exciting step in their career. Someone who can communicate effectively to build rapport and trust, and an individual who enjoys planning, organisation, and loves helping others develop and grow.
- Basic salary of up to £34,000 + bonus
- 30 min – 45-minute testing times
- Package including uncapped bonus, company pension, annual parking pass, GOC & ABDO fees, employee discount and potential shared ownership
- Work with a wide range of designer and fashionable glasses, with a host of different styles offering a truly personalised frame styling and lens consultation service
- Award winning practice with 2 spacious test rooms and a relaxed, high-end and beautifully presented working environment
- Offering the latest diagnostic equipment and the latest technological advances in contact lenses, equipment includes OCT and Optomap alongside a fully computerised management system
- Your day-to-day work will be extremely varied allowing you to become more involved within the business, extra duties Inc. training, 121’s, marketing and business development
- Meeting with frame and lens suppliers regarding product launches, updates, and stock management
- Work closely with CEO and senior management team to identify, develop, and implement growth opportunities
- The practice is closed on Sundays & Bank Holidays offering flexibility for a greater work life balance
- Specialist services: Myopia (over night vision correction) lenses with integrated topography, Dry eye clinics, Glaucoma and cataract assessment, specialist contact lenses and Hear care
- No late nights as the practice closes at 5:30pm
- Regular internal and external training arranged
Details and requirements
- Monday - Friday (09:00am - 17:30pm) Saturday (09:00am - 16:00pm)
- Closed Sundays & Bank Holiday
- Weekend flexibility possible
- Full and part time position considered
- Eligibility to work in the UK and GOC Registered
Salary and benefits
- Up to £34,000 + bonus
- Professional fees GOC & ABDO Fees paid
- 20 Days Holiday + 8 BH (28 in total)
- Uncapped bonus – Based on practice YOY growth
- Company pension
- Employee Discount
- Annual parking pass paid
- Opportunity for shared ownership after 3 years’ service
If you would like to enquire about this role and/or to have a confidential chat, please do not hesitate to email, call, text or send your CV to the contact details below.
Email: email@example.com Call/Text: 07881287964
Major Healthcare - Optical & Audiology Recruitment
We help Optical & Audiology professionals of all varieties find their perfect opportunity, whether that be within an independent, multiple, franchise, private eye hospital or domiciliary company.
Our efficient, discreet and confidential service is perfect for an individual actively seeking a position, or like the vast proportion of people we speak to, someone who is open minded to considering their options.
We have years of experience working within the sectors and so you will feel like you are speaking to someone who genuinely speaks your language and truly understands where you are coming from.
After a brief conversation we can help advise on current opportunities within your sector and also discuss where you might be better suited based on the criteria you set out to us.
We truly love what we do, so do not hesitate to call us for a structured, non-time consuming and confidential conversation where we will do all we can to help on 07881287964.
Don’t just take our word for it…..
“Great guy. Listens to your needs. Quick and fast communication. Couldn’t praise you enough. Keep up the great work”
“Great and fast communication and always helpful. Appreciate the work, a great job. Always organized and professional. Thanks again”.
“During my Pre-Reg the team contacted me to see if I was interested in other opportunities. He was professional and great at listening to what I required from a job. He quickly found me a role that was well suited to me at an independent store. I am now thoroughly enjoying a new job”.
“After working for a Multiple for 13 years, they found the perfect next step for me! Professional throughout keeping me updated with every step. The process was very easy and stress free. Thank you”!
“At the end of my pre-registration year as an Optometrist, the team contacted me to enquire if I was interested in a few opportunities they could introduce me to. I found them very personable and before I knew it, I had an interview and then a job! They worked well negotiating on behalf of myself and the employer and I couldn't thank them enough”.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert