Optometrist job Opportunity – Old Harlow
Leith Opticians Group is a patient focussed opticians and audiology business founded in 1978. We are currently 6 practices across London and Essex. As a truly independent family run business our proudest assets are our people, and it is our people who continue to help us deliver exceptional service to our communities.
Our clinical team across the 6 practices have an active input in shaping how the day-to-day clinics are run and how best we can deliver outstanding primary care to our patients. We have a wealth of clinical experience within our team and so support and guidance is always available should it be needed. We also offer various shared care pathways and have great relationships with the local eye departments.
About the Role
You will be GOC registered Optometrist joining our friendly team based in Old Harlow, which borders Essex and Hertfordshire. We are ideally looking for a full-time Optometrist but happy to consider a part time position for the right candidate.
You’ll be someone who is a confident practitioner providing various services, ranging from sight tests, contact lens work, MECS and Post Operative Cataract Services. We are looking for someone who is great at problem solving, is willing to go that extra mile in discussing the patients vision correction options or discussing prevention or management options. This role will suit an Optometrist looking for a long-term career in Optometry where they have a great support team, with professional space to pursue special interests and further professional qualifications, as well as escaping the rat race of the high street practices where 20 minutes testing, ghost clinic and unhealthy targets is the norm.
Requirements for this role
- GOC registered MECS and POCS accredited but not essential as we can support to become accredited.
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player, confident and self-motivated
- Love for optometry
Benefits you can expect from joining our family:
- Competitive salaries - up to £60,000 (DOE)
- 25 days holiday +plus 8 bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- GOC fee paid
- CPD courses
- Well-equipped practices – OCT, Humphreys Visual Field Analyser, iCare tonometer, Autorefractor, Optical biometry and corneal topography instruments.
- Great support staff – including QDO, Qualified Audiologists, Senior optometrist support.
- Air-conditioned examination rooms.
- Staff discounts 30 minutes testing times
- Development opportunities
We will be delighted to hear from you and we are happy to answer any questions you may have.
Please submit your CV below and include a cover message telling us a little bit about yourself.