We're OutsideClinic - the UK's leading home-visiting optician and hearing specialist. We have provided at-home sight and hearing care for older people within their communities for over 30 years. We believe that clinically excellent eye and hearing care should be accessible and affordable for all. Our mission is to change people's lives by delivering excellent optometry and audiology services in the homes of people who can't get to the high street unaided.
As an Optical Assistant, your role will be much more varied than in practice! You'll be delivering, fitting and adjusting prescription glasses in the patients home, travelling around your region and visiting around 12 patients a day. All of your routes and appointments are booked by our expert Scheduling team and with full support from our in-house Professional Services department, you can be sure that you'll have everything you need to give your patients the best possible care and attention.
You must be a confident driver with at least two years of driving experience. Full training will be provided.
- Driving to each patient scheduled throughout the day.
- Delivering, fitting and adjusting prescription glasses in the patient's home, and making sure they understand how to use their new glasses.
- Giving advice, information and support to patients living with sight loss (GOC registered dispensing opticians only).
- Dealing with general queries such as refund requests, consent to leave glasses etc.
- Working to achieve KPIs.
- Making sure to provide exemplary patient service, resulting in patient satisfaction.
- An annual salary starting from £21k pa pro-rata.
- Performance-related bonus.
- Private Medical Insurance.
- Life Assurance.
- Full and Part-Time opportunities available.
- Fully expensed company car.
- Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5% on successful completion of the probationary period.
- 28 days holiday entitlement (inclusive of bank holidays).
- Discounted eyewear and hearing products.
Along with excellent communication skills and the ability to demonstrate empathy and patience, you'll also be a motivated individual, commercially aware and focused on achieving your own goals. You'll be comfortable and confident working alone and as part of a regional team, and enjoy driving. You'll be the type of person who enjoys seeing a job well done right through to the end, and take pride in what you do.