A leading Optical lab based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire are looking for a full time Optical Glazing Technician to work alongside the glazing team. The company supplies lenses to Opticians all across the UK.
Optical Glazing Technician - Role
- Efficiently handle all frame & lens types in the correct manner to efficiently glaze them to a high standard.
- Mark-up laser engraving on lenses, neatly and accurately after glazing
- Work at a productive pace without sacrificing quality
- Report any defects found to your Supervisor in a timely fashion
- Accurately trace all types of spectacle frames and use the optical tracer and shape library to obtain and adjust rimless lens shapes.
- Appraise customer orders to assess feasibility of order and any special requirements.
- Maintain a sound understanding of specific glazing requirements of all mount types, including but not limited to full-rim, supra, in-line, high-base, precious and exotic materials.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of lens availability and appropriate frame / lens combinations
- Communicate effectively with customer service and other departments to answer queries
- Work within the FI team to accurately block all lens types,
- Accurately apply optical and cosmetic standards to completed orders in an effective quality control process
- Accurately and efficiently block all lens types and provide a resolution for any issues encountered to the Supervisor and Customer Service department
- Inspection of all customer order types before dispatch (uncut, remote edge & glazed jobs)
- Observe all safety rules and regulations whilst operating automatic or semi-automatic equipment
Optical Glazing Technician - Skills
- Experience of working in an optical lab
- Rimless/Supra experience
- Tracing/blocking/glazing experience
- High Accuracy and attention to detail
Salary and Additional Information
- 37.5 hours per week
- Competitive salary plus shift allowance
- Monday to Friday, either 2pm to 10.30pm or 10.30pm to 6am (Choice of lates or nights)
- Life Assurance - after 12 months service
- 20 days holiday per annum rising to 30 with service, plus Bank Holidays
- Free pair of lenses
To apply for this role please send a copy of your CV or call 0114 238 1726 for more information.