Job Title – Data Request Officer
Location – Glasgow City Centre
Hours – 40
Salary – £21,000 per annum
About Optical Express
Optical Express is focused on delivering exceptional patient care, outstanding clinical outcomes and continued investment in our people and technology. For over 30 years, millions of patients have trusted Optical Express with their eye care.
At Optical Express we’re committed to giving patients a world class level of service and clinical care. With over 100 clinics across the UK, Ireland, and mainland Europe, Optical Express offers a full range of eye care services from laser eye surgery, lens surgery and private cataract surgery to glasses, contact lenses and routine eye examinations.
The Optical Express team work together, collectively and consistently striving for excellence. We support each other, respect each other and are committed to a culture of care, trust and integrity. The culture extends to our local communities, through our range of charitable and environmental projects. We focus on doing what is right for our patients, our colleagues, our local communities and our planet.
As the Data Request Officer you will be responsible for handling data requests under the Data Protection Regulation. You will report into the Data Protection Officer in conjunction with our in-house Legal team. You will also liaise with additional internal and external stakeholders, building relationships and seeking relevant input on individual data request cases when required.
Full training in data protection and responding to subject access requests can be provided if required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as the first point of contact for all data requests and queries.
- Investigating and processing data requests by utilising in-house systems ensuring the correct information is provided for each case file.
- Responsible for handling all SARs, identifying and assessing relevant information for each request in order to draft accurate responses within statutory deadlines.
- Maintaining reports and trackers on all data requests.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of GDPR regulations when responding to data requests.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Adaptable with a flexible approach to work.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise tasks.
- A confident and professional individual who has fantastic organisational skills.
- Demonstrate confidentiality, integrity and discretion.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary.
- Staff benefits.
- Free or discounted optical products/procedures.
- Modern working environment.
- The opportunity for career progression.