Location: University of Sussex, Falmer, East Sussex.
We train prisoners in spectacle making and retail optics and this helps them gain meaningful employment on release. We are also the largest provider of eye tests and spectacles to prisoners across the UK. We are opticians with a passion for training prisoners in optics.
Liberty Glasses is a social enterprise that will offer opticians services to the general public and give us a way to raise awareness and sell products to the general public thereby creating a revenue stream.
You will be responsible for managing contracts held by the organisation which include to provide optometry services into prisons and to set up and run optical training centres inside prisons.
In addition to the above you will work with the CEO to develop new business streams for the the organisation. This comes in 2 phases:
- Phase 1 - helping to seek out and design new ideas
- Phase 2 - helping to market and implement those ideas
We are looking for a well organised and responsible individual who will work with the CEO to focus on strategy and business development.
You will be:
- Experienced in project management
- Organised - ability to keep the physical workspace clean and tidy
- Able to learn new apps using your own initiative
- Ambitious and strive to make a difference in their job
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Creative thinking will be required when seeking out new ideas
- Analytical thinking will be important when implementing the new ideas