Permanent - Full or Part Time (Employed)
(we would consider Locum to Permanent)
£35K pa plus bonus (plus share options after qualifying period)
Company Independent Optics Ltd, 20 Norman Way Industrial Park, Over, Cambridgeshire CB24 5QE.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for a clinically experienced, commercially minded and entrepreneurial Dispensing Optician to build a long term career within an already successful optical business.
We are a privately owned Optical Lab established in rural Cambridgeshire for over 30 years. The business has built up a substantial consumer retail business based on a ‘dispense only’ business model. We have a customer base in excess of 8,000 with an outstanding reputation for great quality products and service.
We are looking for an experienced, qualified Dispensing Optician (minimum 3 years practice experience) who is excited by the opportunity of working within a successful, independent fast growth optical business and has all the skills and attitude necessary to help the Company maintain and build its excellent reputation. In addition to dispensing, the role will include a variety of management roles including the development of new services, expanding the product range, enhancing the clinical procedures and selecting new practice software. You will have the support and resources of an established business and experienced friendly team. Our ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrable dispensing excellence with a minimum of 3 years (in practice) experience
- Registered with relevant Professional Body with a clean faultless record
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Excellent clinical and business references
- Well organised and commercially astute
- Comfortable with administration and IT
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurially minded
- A particular interest in Sports Vision would be useful
- Competent and willing to both carry out a variety of management roles
What we offer:
- Starting salary of £35K pa plus bonus (share options after qualifying period)
- Excellent starting salary with unlimited earnings potential based on the growth of the business and delivering service excellence
- Professional fees paid
- A unique opportunity to develop the business with the support, resources and experience of a successful, established privately owned business
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays (no Bank Holiday working)
- 5 days a week 9am to 5pm
- Pension Scheme
- Pleasant working environment in rural Cambridgeshire with a fantastic friendly team.