THE ROLE OF AN OPTICAL ASSISTANT
Be the first point of contact for anyone visiting the practice by engaging and acknowledging them as soon as they walk into the practice, on the telephone or by email. To ensure fully listen and understand the clients’ needs and take ownership to deal with their requirements in full.
Smooth running of reception and daily clinics ensuring operational tasks are completed effectively and efficiently
Work with the clinical team and other colleagues to deliver obsessively great service to every client
Work with the optometrist / dispensing optician to determine the best solutions for our clients. Assist in the dispense of spectacles and perform spectacle collections
KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
Experience as an Optical Assistant would be desirable, however someone with experience in face-to-face Customer Service, an excellent telephone manner, the ability to learn and pick up various IT and CRM systems would be ideal as well.
- Be dedicated to delivering Obsessively Great Service and finding the very best solutions for our clients’ lifestyles.
- Enjoy using new technology.
- Willingness to learn.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Maintain utmost professionalism and confidentiality with respect to our clients.
- Flexibility in the practice and able to perform any required work at reception and dispensing
- Every team member will receive ongoing and continuous mentoring, support, recognition and personal development to promote career progression.
- Your working environment will be professional, fun, open and focused.
- Pension scheme
- Team Discounts and Social Events
- Simply Health
- My Work / Life Solutions (retailer discounts)
THE BAYFIELDS FAMILY
At Bayfields Opticians & Audiologists we realise that everyone is different so we get to know our clients as individuals to understand and provide the best solutions for their lifestyle.
It’s the same for our family members.
Bayfields is a place to grow and develop as an individual, with ambition encouraged and opportunities on offer. We pride ourselves on having a strong internal culture that is focussed on building a strong team, one of care and inclusivity.
We continue to grow as a business and as an essential healthcare provider, it is vital that we continue to care for both our clients and team throughout this challenging time.
Bayfields has one driving ambition, which is to help our clients get the most out of life by supporting their vision and their hearing.
We’ve made a success of our business for two reasons: the way we treat our clients, and the way we treat our people. By providing a great working environment, and rewards worth having, we create an atmosphere where people enjoy their work, feel empowered, and can build lasting client relationships.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We’ve been busy preparing new, cutting-edge processes to keep our team and clients safe in these difficult times. We’re not just COVID-19 Secure, we’re BaySafe.
Find out more: www.bayfieldsopticians.com/ BaySafe