It's an exciting time to join our expanding Audiology Team. We are rolling out bespoke Audiology Suites and offering a wider product range.
To improve people’s lives through providing exceptional health care services to our Hearing Care Clients.
Perform approved hearing related consultations, including Ear Wax Removal and Hearing Health Checks to Bayfield’s standards and guard the Bayfield’s client journey.
Maintain utmost professionalism and confidentiality with respect to our Hearing care clients. Follow current BSA guidelines with regards to wax removal and screening checks in practice.
Work with each practice team, practice Audiologist and other colleagues to deliver obsessively great service to every HCC.
Work with the local community and GP surgeries to help promote our Audiology services and wax removal services.
COMPETENCIES/SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- Excellent Communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to be understood – verbally and written
- Ability to build relationships with Hearing Care Clients.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to diagnose, solve problems and make clinical decisions.
- Excellent record keeping.
- Ability to plan, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead by example and promote new hearing solution technology.
- High integrity and commitment to good governance and ensuring they achieve clinical legal requirements.
- Hearing Care Assistant qualified or willing to undertake training to become qualified.
- Wax removal trained or willing to undertake training to become qualified.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays pro rata plus additional days holiday for your birthday each year.
- 3% employer/5% employee pension.
- Cycle to work.
- Simply Health
- My work/life solutions – discount and financial wellbeing platform.
- Team discounts and family & friends discounts.
- Professional fees paid HCPC & BSHAA (HCPC £180 every 2 years and BSHAA £180 every year
THE BAYFIELDS FAMILY
At Bayfields Opticians & Audiologists we realise that everyone is different so we get to know our clients as individuals to understand and provide the best solutions for their lifestyle.
It’s the same for our family members.
Bayfields is a place to grow and develop as an individual, with ambition encouraged and opportunities on offer. We pride ourselves on having a strong internal culture that is focussed on building a strong team, one of care and inclusivity.
We continue to grow as a business and as an essential healthcare provider, it is vital that we continue to care for both our clients and team throughout this challenging time.
We currently have 30 practices, from Guildford in Surrey all the way up to County Durham.
Bayfields has one driving ambition, which is to help our customers get the most out of life by supporting their vision and their hearing.
We’ve made a success of our business for two reasons: the way we treat our customers, and the way we treat our people. By providing a great working environment, and rewards worth having, we create an atmosphere where people enjoy their work, feel empowered, and can build lasting customer relationships
WHAT IT'S LIKE TO WORK HERE
Whilst we adhere to traditional business values, we have a young leadership team which invests heavily in the latest technology and training. Most importantly, we’re independent – and because we’re agile, we can implement new ideas quickly and easily. Our managing director, Royston Bayfield, knows us all personally, and sits down for a chat with each of us once a quarter.
If you’re interested in joining Bayfields, you’ll need to have the same high standards as we do. Every last detail counts, from taking our customers’ coats at the door to exceptionally thorough eye and hearing care examinations.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We’ve been busy preparing new, cutting-edge processes to keep our team and clients safe in these difficult times. We’re not just COVID-19 Secure, we’re BaySafe.
Find out more: www.bayfieldsopticians.com/ BaySafe