We have an exciting opportunity for an Optometrist to be part of a new practice in York, North Yorkshire.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the successful establishment and development of the new practice and team.
At Bayfields Opticians & Audiologists we realise that everyone is different so we get to know our clients as individuals to understand and provide the best solutions for their lifestyle.
With 45 minute testing times we take the time to welcome our customers into the Bayfields Family.
It’s the same for our employees.
Bayfields is a place to grow and develop as an individual, with ambition encouraged and opportunities on offer. We pride ourselves on having a strong internal culture that is focussed on building a strong team, one of care and inclusivity.
- Determine the best solutions for our eye care clients in eye examinations and contact lens consultations, and clearly, concisely communicate those solutions to the eye care clients and dispensing colleagues through specific recommendations.
- Perform all consultations, including eye examinations and contact lens reviews to the Bayfields standard, and guard the Bayfields client journey.
- Clear understanding and proactive approach to solutions meetings and three way handover, with a good standard of product knowledge for contact lenses, spectacle lenses, frames and sunglasses.
- Maintain utmost professionalism and confidentiality with respect to our eye care clients. Follow GOC and college of optometry guidelines in practice and undertake CET and further development.
- Work with the practice team and other colleagues to deliver obsessively great service to every ECC.
CORE COMPETENCIES/SKILLS REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Active listening skills.
- Ability to be understood – verbally and written.
- Ability to build relationships with Eye Care Clients.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to diagnose, solve problems and make clinical decisions.
- Excellent record keeping.
- Ability to plan, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead by example and promote new technology.
- High integrity and commitment to good governance and ensuring achieve clinical legal requirements.
- Optometry Degree and GOC registered.
- 5 weeks holiday plus bank holidays pro rata plus additional days holiday for your birthday each year.
- Company pension.
- Cycle to work.
- Simply Health.
- My work/life solutions – discount and financial wellbeing platform.
- Team discounts and family & friends discounts.
- Paid professional fees (GOC and professional indemnity which is currently the AOP). If part time pro rata.
- CET training provided every quarter after the quarterly roadshow, it provides 12 months annually.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
We’ve been busy preparing new, cutting-edge processes to keep our team and clients safe in these difficult times. We’re not just COVID-19 Secure, we’re BaySafe.
Find out more: www.bayfieldsopticians.com/ BaySafe