Optical Specialist job in Surrey. Zest Optical are currently looking to recruit either an Optical Assistant or Dispensing Optician to join a leading eyewear and sunglasses designer as an Optical Specialist. This role will join the customer services team at the company's head office in Guildford, Surrey and is Monday-Friday.
The purpose of this role will be to provide outstanding quality customer service. You will provide smooth and efficient RX order processing on a daily basis.
Optical Specialist - Role
- Answer customer service calls; respond to account inquiries, especially on RX. Maintain exceptional technical customer service
- Order entry: enter RX orders that are not directly processed using the B2B portal, esp. those that are exceptional and require additional attention passed from other customer service team members. Take care of orders that do not meet the production/parameter standards and call our accounts to discuss alternatives.
- Redos/Returns: take care of any issues brought to your attention by customers, or Account Executives regarding prescription jobs. Start redos where necessary. Troubleshoot issues with accounts /patients. Communicate all reoccurring issues to the Laboratory Director based in Germany or USA, and follow up.
- Assist & provide help to customers and account executives with B2B prescription orders.
- Offer technical support to accounts and account executives whenever the customer service team members RX knowledge ends. Train CS staff when the need arises and provide Q & A's when required.
- Continually train customer service team members, sales executives and accounts on the RX program & discuss RX sales opportunities. Attend annual sales meeting to cover the status of RX business when invited to do so by the Sales Director.
- Serve as the contact person for the lab.
Optical Specialist - Requirements
- Experience of working in an optical practice as either an Optical Assistant or Dispensing Optician
- Strong industry knowledge
- Excellent customer service skills
Optical Specialist - Salary
- Salary up to £30k
- Range of additional benefits
To avoid missing out on this opportunity, please contact Alex Grimes on