Location: Acocks Green, Birmingham
Salary: Competitive basic dependent on experience
Working hours: Full Time and Part Time considered (Weekend work is essential)
Experience level: Previous Optical experience is essential for this role
Join our team as an Optical Assistant, and you’ll discover why at Specsavers, we pride ourselves on providing the foundation for exciting, long-term careers – a home where your previous optical expertise will be truly valued and where you’ll be given the opportunity to thrive.
We’re looking for someone who has previous optical experience as an Optical Advisor or Dispensing Assistant - however we’ll continue to help develop and expand your knowledge.
Some of the key tasks required include:
- Listening to patients, and giving good clear advice, explaining suitable products & offers whilst understanding NHS procedures & applying our own high standards
- Dispensing of lenses (single vision / bi-focal & varifocal)
- Carrying out pre-screening examinations & working alongside the wider team in day to day running of clinics
- Take measurements and support patients with collections, ensuring fit, comfort & accuracy of frames are checked thoroughly
- Maintain delivery of excellent customer service at all times, playing a valuable part of a customer journey & successful retail team
You’ve already demonstrated that you’re a natural when it comes to customer care, you’re articulate, good with people with an organised approach and always happy to help, so you’ll fit right in as a valuable member of our friendly store team, joining a business that’s going places.
This store is an accredited Platinum Employer, which means you can expect an exceptional employee experience every single day you work here. The Platinum Employer Scheme is part of our drive to become a famous place to work and stores with this accreditation have been verified on five key employer standards – Recruitment, Performance Management and Reward, Talent Management, Learning and Development and Employee Engagement.
If you are interested, please click Apply as this vacancy will close once we have filled all available places. We therefore highly recommend early applications.