Salary: Competitive basic depending on your experience.
Working Hours: Full-Time or Part-Time
Experience Level: Must have previous experience working in an optician and must have a GOC number.
Your future is clear at Specsavers Shrewsbury, where there’s always something exciting ahead.
Specsavers has been going from strength to strength, ever since the business started back in 1984. We strive for the highest clinical standards – and believe that the customer should be at the heart of everything we do. We also recognise that our employees are critical to our past and future success – so we do everything we can to make sure they get the experience and career they’re looking for. From outstanding training and a personal development plan, to excellent benefits and unstinting support. The business has nearly 1,500 stores across 12 countries – and is still growing. We want you to be part of this outstanding success story. With a business like Specsavers, the future always looks interesting for Dispensing Opticians. After all, we’re the UK’s number one provider of professional eyecare – and we’re still growing. That means your career has the chance to develop and room to progress. Join us now and who knows how far you could go? What’s on offer?
The Role in a Nutshell:
- Outstanding annual salary based on experience – we can talk more about this at interview
- A highly-rewarding performance-based bonus scheme
- Pension contribution
- Support with CET
- Exceptional clinical and professional development opportunities
- Access to cutting-edge clinical technology, such as OCT
Then there’s you:
- Ensure that you provide good levels of customer service to customers at all times.
- Liaise with Optometrists to ensure that each customer you dispense receives a consistent quality handover.
- Manage aftersales service (including complaints and problem solving) in a customer service focused ‘can do’ manner.
- Contribute to achievement of individual and team sales targets by demonstrating effective professional sales techniques.
As a Pre-Reg Dispensing Optician in STORE
, you’ll use your skills to give customers an ophthalmic dispensing service of the highest clinical standards. You’ll be a role model for more junior staff, working your magic with customers, liaising with the optical, retail and lab teams, and giving clear, sound advice. Your efforts will help to drive overall store sales as well as customer loyalty – which will make you a key member of the team. As a Pre-Reg Dispensing Optician registered with the GOC and good with people, you’ll be a natural when it comes to customer care. You’re friendly, polite and helpful – comfortable working as part of a team and able to answer questions and queries thanks to your excellent ophthalmic knowledge. Platinum employer:
This store is an accredited Platinum Employer, which means you can expect an exceptional employee experience every single day you work here. The Platinum Employer Scheme is part of our drive to become a famous place to work. Stores with this accreditation have been verified on five key employer standards: Recruitment, Performance Management and Reward, Talent Management, Learning and Development and Employee Engagement.
Get in touch:
For more information or to apply, please contact Megan Francis at Specsavers Recruitment Service on 01566 771899 or email@example.com.