A dedicated professional, with high personal standards is required to work as an Optometrist for 1 or 2 days per week at our Bulwell practice in Nottingham. A small, family owned independent, where every patient is valued and respected, as is every staff member. Our Optometrists work within a small and friendly team, to provide a good patient journey, leading to positive outcomes for both the customer and the business.
- 30 mins testing time (plus an additional allowance for COVID-19 risk reduction (e.g. PPE and cleaning)
- Willing to discuss terms of employment (salaried or self-employed)
- Competitive salary/rates
- Possible flexible working hours for those with childcare responsibilities (e.g. late start or early finish)
We are looking for the following qualities and level of experience.
- A qualified optometrist with current GOC registration
- Demonstrates high standards of professionalism and integrity
- As a leading professional, able to provide advice and guidance to staff and patients as necessary
- A reflective practitioner who continually looks to improve the quality and diversity of the service offered to the patient
- Clinical and technical excellence with a thorough and up to date knowledge of eye health
- Warm and approachable manner with the ability to make patients feel valued, comfortable and at ease
- An understanding of the needs of the practice as a business, with an ability to advise and guide patients in purchasing appropriate products
- An enthusiasm in working as part of a team to develop the practice further, contributing ideas to improve our service and profitability
- Willingness to work flexibly, helping out in other areas whenever necessary
- Keen to learn new skills
- Good administrative and record keeping skills, including use of computer software
- Able to maintain a high standard of hygiene & a tidy working environment
- Proactively contributing to sales in a partially commercial environment
Apply by submitting your current CV, along with a covering letter to introduce yourself and outline your availability (days of the week and potential starting date).
We look forward to hearing from you.