Main Purpose of the Team
The Integration Services team are there to provide an Integration solution to enable delivery within Technology. They will leverage the latest integration services from Azure including Data Factory, Event Hub, API Gateway & Service Bus.
Main Purpose of the Role
As an Integration Developer you will be responsible for the Design, Build & Delivery of new Integration services. You will be an advocate for ‘Azure first’ and deliver quality at pace. You will demonstrate a strong background in Azure and will be able to enhance the Integration Services team with further best practises and improved standards & processes. Working within the team will be demanding, as a central service you will need to support multiple projects & programmes with varying degrees of complexity.
You will take accountability for ensuring end to end integration solutions are created for our customers meeting our high expectations around quality and being cost effective. As an Integration Developer you will help to shape the Technology Integration roadmap, best practises, and governance. As well as leveraging Azure offerings to reduce complexity and delivery times this will be further realised by creating and adopting standardised templates to increase re-use as well as sustainable and scalable services.
- Design, Build & Delivery of Integration Solutions on our Azure platform
- Create close working relationships with change delivery project teams, Designers & Business Analysts to ensure high-quality Integration solutions are delivered on time and meet the business requirements
- Develop an environment for owning solutions from design through to support
- Supporting the Delivery Lead / Project Manager with scoping and estimation of development efforts
- Developing detailed design documents and embrace the design led culture
- Working collaboratively with test teams
- Develop and enhance high coding standards, perform code reviews and feedback with peers.
- Ensuring quality of coded components by performing thorough unit testing
- Nurture and mentor peers, junior developers and third-party resource to ultimately enhance the service offered
Skills Ability or Experience
- Hands-on experience of detailed design
- Strong Integration experience within Azure – Data Factory, API Gateway, Logic Apps, Event Hub
- Experience of working within a complex technical landscape working with ecommerce, ERP and microservices
- Knowledge of Integration patterns, standards, and best practices
- Proficient in building and delivering against cross-functional programme and project plans
- Proficient in working with outsourced development & support teams (near and offshore)
- Familiar with software engineering life cycle and technology stack, including databases
- Familiar with Oracle Middleware products (OSB, SOA, ODI)
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban)
- Strong knowledge and experience of CI/ CD and Azure build pipelines.