We are passionate about our people. At Specsavers we support our colleagues to be the best they can be. Our ethos is to offer inspiring development and fantastic opportunities to help our 37,000 store, support office and supply chain colleagues continue to make a difference, either by serving customers or supporting partners and their teams
Sitting within the Optics Commercial Finance team, the role provides financial support, planning, insight and analysis for specific stores in need. Working closely with the Divisional Performance Managers and Retail Relationship Managers to drive growth and efficiency. The role also involves coaching and supporting the non-Finance support colleagues to upskill their own commercial acumen.
You will support stores within the South West, Wales and Ireland, visiting stores on average 3 days per week.
- Support Divisional Performance Managers within the Revival team to identify causes of poor performance and agree a commercially viable action plan with projections of financial impact
- Work directly with Store Partners alongside Retail Relationship Managers to help identify reasons for low operating performance and ways to improve – supporting with financial modelling to show outputs
- Supporting the continuous improvement of the forecasting tools for store profitability
- Support the ongoing training and coaching of Divisional Performance Managers and Regional Relationship Managers on commercial performance drivers and assessing ways to improve performance
- Review proposals for new store openings or major investment decisions for commercial viability of the plan
Essential skills include
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with post qualification experience in a Commercial role or significant relevant experienced if not formally qualified
- Experience of business partnering with non-finance teams and driving performance
- Strong communication and organisational skills with the ability to engage and influence colleagues at all levels
- Commercial awareness to link operational activities to financial outcomes