Seeking qualified, experienced, GOC registered optometristfor locum andresident vacancy. Flexible work. Competitive salary plus attractive benefits.We are not your average domiciliary eye care company, here at Visioncall. So why not join us as an Optometrist and work for an organisation truly focused on patient care and ethical prescribing? With a maximum of two locations in any given day, less time is spent travelling, and more time spent with those who need eye care most, helping them see better and live better.As an Optometrist with Visioncall we can offer: 65,000 - 70,000 basic salary + bonus + mileage allowance 2,500 joining fee (criteria applies)Supported on clinic by an experienced Dispenser (pre testing and dispensing)33 days annual leave entitlement & holiday purchase/sell schemeContributory pensionPrivate Medical InsuranceSick pay schemeGOC fees and professional indemnity insuranceEmployee assistance programme - to support wellbeingiPad and clinical equipmentFlexible working week + NO weekendsCore working hours 8.30am-5.30pm Monday to FridayExtensive induction programme + excellent ongoing support from local clinical team
Interested to hear more? For a quick, informal chat please contact our recruitment team:Lyndsay Johnston 07795 592096 LJohnston@visioncall.co.ukLesley McKinnon 07923 257753 email@example.com
- Carry out sight tests on patients with a range of different needs who are unable to attend a high street practice and support test teams to do likewise in line with Visioncall standard operating procedures.
- Offer help and advice to patients and carers with regards to eye health, spectacles required, choosing frames and lenses.
- Carry out a handover with patients/care home manager or family members to discuss the sight test results and any recommendations.
- Ensure records, GOS paperwork and referrals are completed accurately and legibly and in line with appropriate professional standards.
- Keep up to date with changes in the industry through Continuing Education and Training (CET).
- Actively participate in team meetings to look for areas of improvement and receive feedback.
- There may be occasions where you will be required to work as a Super Optom undertaking
all clinic responsibilities yourself. In such instances patient numbers will be managed accordingly.
- Maintain confidentially regarding the company business/employees/patients/ and their families.
- GOC registration
- Minimum one year post qualified experience
- Able to demonstrate strong clinical practice
- Excellent communications skills both Verbal and Non-Verbal
- Sensitivity towards others
- Calm and composed temperament
- Innovative and looking to continuously improve
- Strong team player with a supportive nature