We are looking for an Optometrist on behalf of our client's high-end independent practices based near Southend-on-Sea to join on a full-time basis in a highly exciting and rare opportunity.
The successful candidate will join one of the most established and renowned independently owned practices in the area, working closely alongside the practice owners to continue their on-going success.
You will cover a couple of different practice sites within commutable distance of Chelmsford, where you will know which practice you are working at well in advance.
This is a clinically leading practice equipped with the latest testing technology including an OCT, where you will enjoy the benefit of flexible testing times in a low pressure working environment with a highly-established patient base.
On offer is a market-leading package including a fully negotiable basic salary depending upon experience, all professional fees paid, 5 weeks holiday + bank holidays.
If you're interested in joining a specialist independent practice that is dedicated to providing customer welfare beyond the normal level, this could be the opportunity for you.
- Full-time hours available working between Monday-Saturday (negotiable days)
- General working hours of 9am-6pm with a shorter day on Saturdays
- Working between a handful of practice sites close to Chelmsford
- Flexible testing times up to 60 minutes, enabling exceptional high quality patient care with view to keeping this long term post-covid
- Running specialist services including OCT scans, MECS & EOS services, however you are not required to contribute towards this if not keen
- The business has a loyal patient base allowing a less sales driven, pressure free environment
- The Owner is a fully qualified Dispensing Optician who has fostered an excellent working culture with lots of support available
- Believe in running an opticians that builds close relationships with patients and staff to achieve a more long term goal
- A highly supportive, experienced team will be at your disposable at all times including qualified DO support, allowing you to better concentrate on the needs of your patients with ease and confidence and be able to feel confident in professionalism of the colleagues around
Package and Benefits
- Very competitive salary between 55,000 - 67,000 (Depending on experience)
- All professional fees paid
- Bonus scheme adding to your salary
- Working days may vary depending on the flexibility you require offering greater freedom for work life balance
- Test times up to 60 minutes
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, however can have more for a salary sacrifice
- Closed Sundays and Bank Holidays
- Support through further development including additional courses & accreditations
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Registered with the GOC as an Optometrist
- Right to work in the UK
What Happens Next?
Please click the 'Apply' button to find out more about this role. The consultant looking after this vacancy will contact you at a convenient time to share further details on about the opportunity.
All interaction will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to any practice unless you give us your permission.
If you wish to talk to us in person about this job or any other suitable jobs, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Optometry team on 01423 813452.
Please attach a copy of your most up to date CV to any emails sent for ease.
Not the right job for you? Click here for more Optometrist Jobs