We are currently recruiting in partnership with one of the UK's market leaders in Domiciliary eye care for an Optometrist to join their team covering the Ashford area.
This role will predominantly be based out of nursing/care homes, providing eye care to those patients who are unable to travel for their routine eye test.
As a result, there is a real community focus to the role and would appeal to Optometrists who are keen to give back to the community and ensure that no one gets left behind in their eye health needs.
You will be supported at all times by an experienced Dispensing Optician or Optical Assistant, with all equipment provided and a fully paperless patient management system & records.
Furthermore, you will receive support from your line manager & Head Office, with your diary pre-planned in advance so you know what your schedule is prior to the working day.
Options for both full or part-time are available, with days available from Monday-Friday with no weekend and evening work offering a work-life balance that is a real scarcity in Optics.
This role offers a fantastic remuneration package as well as flexible working hours, alongside a really rewarding day-day job and would suit an Optometrist keen to make a real difference to people's lives.
- Domiciliary role working predominately out of nursing homes
- Generally working within local postcodes and aim to keep your territory within 40 miles of your home address to minimise travelling times
- Flexible full or part-time days available generally working from 8:30am-5:30pm with days available from Monday-Friday
- Supported at all times by a Dispensing Optician or experienced Optical Assistant allowing you to focus on the patient and test
- Further support from Head Office and Lead Optoms/Dispensers who are on hand at all times
- All equipment provided and operating a paperless record system
- Exceptional levels of autonomy and professional freedom
- Ethical service operating in the patients best interests and have strict infection control guidelines for both yours and the patients safety & well-being
- Multiple options for development and progression including into Lead roles or support through clinical courses
Package and Benefits
- Market leading basic salary which is fully negotiable depending upon experience up to 65000
- Rewarding bonus structure
- Professional fees paid
- Monday-Friday only role - No weekends!
- 5 weeks holidays + bank holidays (33 total)
- Company sick pay after 1 years' service
- E-learning & well-being platforms available from Day 1
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Possess the right to work in the United Kingdom
- Registered with the GOC
- NHS/OPL registered
What Happens Next?
Please click the 'Apply' button to find out more about this role. The consultant looking after this vacancy will contact you at a convenient time to share further details on about the opportunity.
All interaction will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to any practice unless you give us your permission.
If you wish to talk to us in person about this job or any other suitable jobs, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Optometry team on 01423 813452.
Please attach a copy of your most up to date CV to any emails sent for ease.
Not the right job for you? Click here for more Optometrist Jobs