A superb prospect has become available for an Optometrist to join a well-established specialist independent practice based near Dunstable.
This is an exciting and rare opportunity for an Optometrist who is interested in developing clinically, as the practice places an emphasis on utilising the latest technology to provide a premium eye care service to their patients.
From the initial consultation, through to choosing the right frame and lenses, the company have only one aim and that is to provide the best eye care for all the family.
They offer a wide spectrum of specialist clinics including advanced contact lens work, and are particularly keen to hear from Optometrists who wish to acquire their Independent prescribing qualification or fully utilise it if already qualified.
If you're keen to develop clinically and join a practice where Optometry is genuinely practised differently, then this is an excellent option for you to consider.
- The practice has been established for more than 30 years and has fast become one of the leading eye care and eyewear specialists in the area
- Prestigious Independent with highly established patients allowing a less sales driven, pressure free environment
- Very clinical practice with close links with local hospitals in the area running specialist services including Glaucoma monitoring, MECS, Dry Eye assessments, Diabetic screening, Cataract assessments and advanced Contact Lens work including Ortho-K.
- Equipped with state of the art technology including Optomap, Pulsair Tonometer, Topographer, Humphries Visual Fields machine and Slit Lamp amongst more
- Flexible testing times up to circa 40 minutes enabling high quality patient care
- Working closely alongside the Director who is a fully qualified Optom who really drives clinical performance and development with all employees in the business
- They truly believe in running an opticians that builds close relationships with patients and staff to achieve a more long term goal
- Working hours available from Monday-Saturday 8:45am-5:30pm with an earlier finish on Saturdays
- Experienced team already in place including Dispensing Optician, Optical Assistants and Lab technician
- Using a paperless patient management system in a modern, boutique practice
Package and Benefits
- Very competitive salary depending on experience along-side a fantastic package between 45K - 55K
- Bonus Scheme
- GOC & AOP fees paid
- Pension Scheme
- Staff discount
- Emphasis on clinical development with sponsorship available through advanced courses as soon as you start
- Closed Sundays & Bank Holidays
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Registered with the GOC as an Optometrist
- Right to work in the UK
- No minimum experienced required but must be passionate about Optometry and keen to develop clinically
What Happens Next?
Please click the 'Apply' button to find out more about this role. The consultant looking after this vacancy will contact you at a convenient time to share further details on about the opportunity. All interaction will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to any practice unless you give us your permission.
If you wish to talk to us in person about this job or any other suitable jobs, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Optometry team on 01423 813452.
Please attach a copy of your most up to date CV to any emails sent for ease.
Not the right job for you? Click here for more Optometrist Jobs