We are passionate about our people. At Specsavers we support our colleagues to be the best they can be.
Our ethos is to offer inspiring development and fantastic opportunities to help our 37,000 store, support office and supply chain colleagues continue to make a difference, either by serving customers or supporting partners and their teams.
Main purpose of the role
The Communications & Engagement Team support the in-house professional recruitment team for Specsavers (UK, Ireland and Spain), with their mission to connect talented professionals with our growing number of stores and domiciliary businesses. We promote the benefits, advantages and reasons to join Specsavers – through events, web content, storytelling, video, advertising, email and social media marketing campaigns.
We are seeking a creative and experienced Social Media Manager to join our Communications & Engagement Team.
You will jointly own and manage our (careers) social media channels (UK, Ireland and Spain): LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube – keeping these pages up to date, targeting key audiences, and playing a crucial role in broadcasting the reasons to join Specsavers. You will champion our brand and engage with professionals – passing any warm leads you receive to recruitment colleagues.
With more than 850 stores and businesses in the UK & Ireland alone, and a group revenue of £2.78 billion, Specsavers is a market leading optical and hearcare provider with a significant global presence. Our continued growth and success is made possible by the hard work and dedication of over 37,000 people – all working towards the same goal of delivering the best healthcare services to all.
What you’ll be doing
- Design and build a social media strategy based on the needs of SRS, Partnership Recruitment and the wider business
- Researching and writing clear and engaging social copy for targeted audiences
- Work with Comms and Engagement Partners to implement organic and targeted social media activity
- Working alongside other team members, build audience profiles / personas to ensure correct targeting – so that our campaigns reach our desired audience
- Work alongside our external social media agency to manage engagement – ensuring posts and messages are responded to, and any negative reactions are dealt with quickly and effectively (protecting the reputation of Specsavers)
- Monitor advancements in social media and identify any new, innovative ways of reaching our target audience
- Designing and creating social assets (optimised for all social channels)
- Support recruitment teams with any social assets / tools they require, and maintain a library of these assets
- Track and manage costs of targeted activity (by campaign and business area)
- Monitor competitor and industry activity ensuring Specsavers are leading the way and always present
- Work alongside Employer Brand and EPIC teams to schedule and plan activity (celebrating industry events and awareness days) – ensuring campaigns don’t overlap and cannibalise content
- Work with consumer social media teams to align on tools, strategy and content where possible
- Connect with external professionals, influencers, publications and organisations to build relationships and grow your industry knowledge
- Work with recruiters (and Comms and Engagement Partners) to create localised activity for critical / hard to fill vacancies
- Produce reactive campaigns based on immediate business requirements (targeting competitors when needed)
- Monitor the communication standards across the recruitment business (including job adverts, recruiter social media pages/posts)
- Track, analyse and report on channel performance and the success of your campaigns
- Monitor the effectiveness of your activity, and fine tune where necessary
- Share any warm leads you create with relevant recruitment teams
- Work with the Head of Communications and Engagement to ensure work is on brand, and on point
- Support the Head of Communications and Engagement and other areas of the Communications and Engagement team
- Attend exhibitions & events from time to time.
Experience, skills and characteristics you’ll need:
- Experience of managing social media channels (with sizeable audiences)
- Advanced knowledge of main social channels platforms (particularly targeted posts and building audiences)
- Graphic design skills (using Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Creative – able to deliver innovative recruitment marketing solutions
- Ability to write strategic, clear, engaging and accurate content – paying close attention to detail
- Understanding of GDPR
- Knowledge of SEO optimisation
- Understanding of brand identity and tone of voice
- Strong team work ethic, but self-motivated and comfortable working independently
- Excellent communication skills – able to build relationships internally and externally
- Composed – unphased by ad-hoc requests or last minute changes
- Resourceful – you’ll be a problem solver
- Organised – able to manage multiple projects and work to agreed timescales
- Microsoft software skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- 3-4+ years experience in a similar role
Brilliant if you also have
- Photography / video / editing skills
- Illustration / animation ability
- Recruitment marketing experience
- Optical / Audiology industry experience
- Experience using CRM platforms and automated marketing tools
As a return for our teams’ contribution and commitment, Specsavers offers all the usual company benefits including competitive salaries, pension scheme, medical and dental care. Our total rewards package also extends to several other perks that make Specsavers a great place to work.
We are committed to be a flexible employer understanding the importance of a healthy work life balance – we are happy to talk about flexible working.
It’s going to be an exciting journey. You could be part of it!