Optical Account Manager job in North East England. Zest Optical are currently looking to recruit an Account Manager for a leading manufacturer of Ophthalmic Lenses. The purpose of this role is to build strong business relationships with customers in the independent optical market across North East England (Yorkshire, Durham & Northumberland).
The Optical Account Manager represents the company in the designated territory and is responsible for the development of profitable growth in value and volume according to the agreed budget. The role will also involve increasing market share via business consulting and building long-term relationships with existing and new customers.
Optical Account Manager - Role
- To manage accounts and their agreed sales volumes, values, product mix.
- To win new business through networking and cold-calling new accounts.
- To maintain and develop a customer and prospect database via cold calls and appointments.
- You will be setting the pace by being timely and efficient in your response time to customers and in the deployment of new and existing initiatives to drive sales quickly and consistently.
- To develop ideas and create offers/promotions to enhance territory business levels.
- To meet/exceed quarterly/annual sales target set by the company.
- To respond to and follow up sales enquiries by telephone and field visits.
- To maintain and develop existing and new customers relationships through individual account support.
Optical Account Manager - Requirements
- Dispensing Optician qualification or optical field sales experience
- Working on own initiative to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate at all levels both verbally and in writing
- Ability to effectively analyse and interpret data
Optical Account Manager - Salary
- Highly attractive base salary
- Excellent bonus scheme
- Company car and a range of additional benefits
To avoid missing out on this opportunity, please contact Alex Grimes on