For over three decades our purpose hasn’t changed: we are here to make a positive difference to the lives of all. Making people feel good, cared for and smart through the exceptional products, services and value we offer — is what sets us apart. That’s why we need you. We are proud of how far we’ve come as a business, now we want to see you grow with us.
Main Purpose of the Team
This team is critical to the growth of the Specsavers estate in the UK. Working with key stakeholders the team will have accountability for the delivery (to time and budget) of store development projects across the UK, Ireland and Spain.
All activities carried out by the team must provide a return on investment for our Joint Venture Partners, improve the customer experience and provide additional value to the Group in respect to its Growth strategies.
Main Purpose of the Role
- The role provides an opportunity for the right candidate to grow and develop as a Project Manager. Working closely with the Senior Project Manager, with their support and guidance, all aspects of the Project Manager role will be undertaken.
- With support from the Head of Delivery and Senior Project Manager, provide knowledge and technical input at the project briefing meetings.
- Within the defined project remit, compile a works schedule against which detailed drawings and pricing will be compiled.
- Co-ordinate the production of detailed / Production Drawings, prepare all documentation for and oversee the tendering process of the shopfitting works, undertaking all necessary analysis and reconciliation.
- Proactively manage the shopfitting refurbishment of all existing store portfolio projects, ensuring compliance with all tenets of cost, quality and time.
- Represent the joint interest of the Group and Joint Venture Partners (JVP’s) in defining, procuring and leading shopfitting works, forging strong working relationships with individual store JVP’s and Key Stakeholders, whilst maintaining the operating estate in optimum condition in the most cost-effective way.
- Carry out planned site visits at various intervals throughout the project period to check on delivery against plan and to monitor contractor’s adherence to current Health and Safety regulations.
- Work closely with the H&S/Statutory Compliance suppliers to ensure all necessary statutory standards are adhered to at all times and that changes to best practice and legislation are implemented.
- Ensure any outstanding store compliance issues are incorporated within the wider project works.
- Maintain strong communication links between internal and external stakeholders as appropriate whilst works are carried out, personally taking responsibility for the timely issue of appropriate information and overall co-ordination of internal teams before, during and after works on site.
- Oversee post completion workload records, ensuring they are comprehensive, and include all statutory certification to meet our audit requirements, including the distribution of/filing/retention of the same, as appropriate.
- Provide cost analysis information to the Head of Project Management Cost Manager for central reporting purposes.
- Undertake regular CPD to ensure up to-date knowledge of industry developments, statutory legislation and good working practices.
- Keep abreast of retail and optical industry developments and their implications upon the store development process.
Skills and Experience
- General construction knowledge required with a construction background / management background being preferred.
- IT literate with Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- General overview knowledge of construction regulations and legislation / statutory consents.
- Team working and working remotely / independently.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Flexible working practices.
- Must live in region - London or surrounding area
- Current driving licence valid in the UK.
- Educated to degree level or with an equivalent professional qualification
- Extensive building works project /maintenance works experience required, preferably in a
- client/consultant management role.
- Sound knowledge of all related regulations and legislation / processes for acquiring Local Authority / Statutory and other consents.
- Experienced in setting and managing project budgets, quantity surveying / cost control skills.
- Experience in retail or leisure environments, ideally on the client-side.
- Experience of direct client communications (dealing with JVP/Franchise Partners).
- New build and/or shell fit-out project management experience.
- Use of Auto CAD or similar software.
We are well-known for valuing our people and offer not only competitive reward and benefits packages but also ongoing development and training, enabling our staff to be the very best they can be.
We are happy to talk flexible working!
If you can see yourself being part of this journey, apply now!