We are passionate about our people and support our colleagues to be the best they can be. Our people are committed to doing the little things that matter, better, every day.
Specsavers are a truly multi-category business with optics, home visits, contact lenses, audiology and broader eyecare services all playing a part in us becoming recognised as a trusted healthcare brand.
To us, the Solutions Architect is deliberately a hybrid role bringing together parts of a traditional Solution and Enterprise Architecture role. Having a huge impact on high level technical design across all areas of the business you’ll also help shape strategy and define the standards across our technology teams.
With a vastly diverse range of internal and external stakeholders you’ll need to be able to articulate designs and concepts at all different levels as well as parenting those design ideas and their rationale whilst working with low level designers, developers and project teams to enable the best possible solution is designed and ultimately delivered.
Skills and Experience required in order to be successful as a Solution Architect at Specsavers:
- Able to think about solutions but also enterprise architecture, technical roadmaps and business strategy
- Proficient in the use of architecture frameworks (TOGAF certification a particular desirable)
- Familiar with the full IT project life cycle, project management, development & QA methodologies
- A strong technical background and experience of creating and presenting high level architecture concepts and designs across a range of the following –
- Microsoft Azure
- APIs, REST, SOAP
- Thick/Thin/Fat client (including Web) architectures
- Agile methodologies and test-first development
- Linux, Unix, MySQL, Oracle experience
- Broad knowledge of development platforms, languages and technologies such as Java, J2EE, Swing, Spring, Hibernate, Struts experience,
- IT Infrastructure & networks
- Application modelling (UML, C4 or Archimate desirable)
We believe in rewarding our people for their hard work so have a great mix of benefits and opportunities for you; giving you the recognition you deserve! We are also happy to talk about flexible working. With a new 5 year plan and investment in all areas of technology this is a great time to join what will be a truly exciting journey. If you want to be part of it, please apply now