Do you love working in Care but would love to work regular hours that include no weekends? You would receive a guaranteed income every month, work the same hours each day and also have the opportunity to develop your existing skills into a career in Optics?
If so, the friendly team at your local Specsavers Domiciliary team are currently welcoming applications from those with experience within the care sector in the last 3 years.
Role: Carers in the Community, providing eye care to vulnerable patients
Hours of work: Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm
Region: Portsmouth to Worthing
Salary: £10.00 per hour (£20k per annum)
Benefits: Company car or car allowance
Bonus scheme (After 3 months’ probation period)
It takes someone special to be able to do what our Optical Assistants do. They visit patients in their own homes and assist an Optician to carry out sight tests for those that are unable to go to the high street. This can be because of mobility issues, mental health issues or disabilities. We are sometimes the only person that patient has seen all week, so we want to make sure we take the time to have a little chat with them, this can make all the difference to that patients’ day.
Our commitment to you
- We will train you in pre-testing patients and dispensing duties
- We will train you to run domiciliary clinics efficiently
- You will be able to do minor adjustments and repairs on patients’ glasses
- You will receive ongoing support on using the systems we use to record information and to place orders
- The office-based Schedulers are there to support you when you are out in the community
Please note that you must be able to drive and have a full clean uk license and we carry our DBS checks for all field-based staff.
If you are interested in discussing this opportunity, please contact Laura Adams on 07947 280 660 or at firstname.lastname@example.org