Are you an experienced Optical Assistant looking for a new opportunity out with practice? Would you like to have your weekends off and work in a role where you can make a difference to patients that need it the most by helping them See Better and Live better?As a (Delivery Only) Optical Assistant/Dispenser with Visioncall here is what we offer:
- 19,000 basic salary
- Mileage allowance
- Sick pay scheme after 12-month service
- Employee Assistance Programme to support well-being
- 2 days per week (pick your days)
- Permanent role
- Full training and support from your local clinical team
Operating throughout the UK for over 25 years, Visioncall was founded upon the idea of being able to make a difference by enabling our patients to see the world better. Our roles offer great flexibility and training as well as a supportive and caring work environment.
Interested? As part of our recruitment process, you will be given the opportunity to join one of our clinical teams for a shadow day where you are given a real in-sight into what we do.Please note that you must have your own vehicle and a full UK driving licence
. Due to the nature of this role a full DBS/PVG check will be carried out as part of our recruitment checks.
This is a mobile role that offers you far more than just a normal position in practice. We are looking for individuals that are passionate about doing the right thing for our patients and want more professional freedom. Working as part of a team, the role of the Optical Assistant will play a major part within the business and help to make a real difference to our patient s lives. You will travel to different locations/ nursing homes across the region, building engaged relationships with home care managers, nurses, care staff and their residents. We re about empowering our people and mentoring them to develop and think for themselves, enabling them to really help our patients with their eye care needs to See Better and Live Better.Key Goals:
- Undertake spectacle deliveries and fitting of patients, explaining use in line with the lifestyle passport and correct care for glasses.
- Tailoring your communication to the patient to provide best possible support and care for those with additional needs.
- Undertake patient eyewear duties, contact next of kin regarding private spectacle dispenses.
- Ensure adherence and compliance to all NHS regulatory requirements.
- Proactively and positively contribute to the Visioncall culture.
- You should be passionate about working within the Optical Health Care sector, particularly domiciliary care.
- Communicate effectively with elderly and vulnerable adults in a positive and professional manner with patience, respect, dignity and empathy, both oral and written.
- Experience in pre-testing and the ability to dispensing at all levels including SV, Bi-focal and Varifocals
- You must be confident in your ability to carry out minor repairs and adjustments whilst on site.
- Accurately complete the NHS GOS by eGOS or forms and have a sound understanding of the voucher values.
- Able to provide adequate business insurance cover for your vehicle and be a safe and confident driver.
- Be prepared to undertake any additional training appropriate to your role
- Awareness of the commercial aims and objectives of the Company
- You must be computer literate and able to use a variety of software packages with confidence.
- Highly organised with an excellent attention to detail, displaying a high degree of accuracy in your work.
- Excellent Customer Service skills and able to problem solve.
- Confidently work in a fast-paced role using your initiative to manage your day-to-day responsibilities.