Hours: 40 hours per week
Optical Express is focused on delivering exceptional patient care, outstanding clinical outcomes and continued investment in our people and technology.
For over 30 years, millions of patients have trusted Optical Express with their eye care. As Europe’s leading private provider of laser eye, premium intraocular lens and cataract surgery, our Surgeons undertake more laser procedures collectively than any other provider. We look after thousands of patients in our clinics every week and it’s a privilege to transform the lives of so many.
The Optical Express team work together, collectively and consistently striving for excellence. We support each other, respect each other and are committed to a culture of care, trust and integrity.
The culture extends to our local communities, through our range of charitable and environmental projects. We focus on doing what is right for our patients, our colleagues, our local communities and our planet.
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Manager, to join our thriving optical practice in Kilmarnock. Located on King Street, in the heart of Kilmarnock’s town centre, you will join a well-established team delivering a range of eye care services and have the opportunity to grow and develop within a professional working environment.
As Manager, your first priority is to ensure that every patient receives a world class level of care. You are responsible for ensuring that the patient journey is delivered seamlessly, for every patient, every day. Responsible for the operational efficiency of the clinic; a key part of the role of Manager, is developing your team to ensure that they too are focused on delivering on the collective goal of exceptional patient care. You will achieve this through ongoing staff training and development. As Clinic Manager you will work with your team to achieve agreed targets, through educating our patients on the benefits associated with the products and services offered by Optical Express.
You will come from a retail or medical background where world class customer service comes naturally to you. Previous experience within the Optical sector would be beneficial but not essential as full training is provided, as well as an ongoing programme of support and development. You will have strong management experience within a retail/clinic setting and can deliver results through your passion for customer/patient care and by working closely with colleagues to develop them through performance management.
You will possess excellent communication and presentation skills, be articulate, motivated to achieve and have a willingness to learn and progress within Optical Express.
- Deliver a world class experience to every patient with passion and enthusiasm
- Promote the benefits of the products and services offered at Optical Express
- Educate patients on the health and environmental impact of their vision correction choices
- Ensure the levels of professionalism, customer care, product knowledge and selling skills of all staff within the practice meet or exceed the Company standard in order to meet patient needs
- Ensure at all times the clinic is presentable and maintains the highest standards of tidiness and cleanliness and promotes the professional image of Optical Express
- Recruit, induct, develop and support the team, to ensure that all staff within the clinic meet or exceed the acceptable levels of knowledge and competence
- Maximise opportunities
- Experience as a retail/clinic manager
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with a flexible approach to work
- Ability to negotiate and influence outcomes
- Demonstrate confidentiality, integrity and discretion
- A proven track record of developing a team through performance management
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Free or discounted optical products/procedures
- Career progression
- Modern working environment with superb technology support
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an organisation where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop, within a professional working environment.
Optical Express is an equal opportunities employer.