Dispensing Optician / Optical Assistant
Islington, North London - Independent
We are currently seeking a Dispensing Optician or Optical Assistant to join our team and to move with us into our brand new upmarket store. Fisheye Opticians is an Independent Opticians that has been established for 15+ years. We are looking to recruit a full-time or part-time Dispensing Optician or experienced Optical Assistant for our High-end Islington branch and who is a bright enthusiastic individual.
Role of Applicant
- Dispensing lenses to all levels
- Working with high-end designer brands such as Tom Ford, Silhouette, and Celine
- Helping patients to select frames
- Meeting and greeting patients
- Booking appointments
- Dealing with collections, measurements, and adjustments
- Working with the Optometrist and Dispensing Optician and Practice Manager to ensure a smooth patient journey
- Dispensing Optician that can help with Contact lens consultation
- Previous Optical experience is essential
- Full dispensing capabilities including occupational and varifocal lenses and confidently working with the latest lenses on the market.
- Ideally around two years' + experience.
- Has experience working with Essilor, Zeiss, Shamir, Nikon, and Hoya lenses.
- Customer focussed
- Courteous and professional
- Proactive and motivated to learn
- Interest in fashion and branding
- Career driven
- Efficient and has the ability to find work to do.
- Social media savvy is always welcome.
Dispensing Optician / Optical Assistant Salary
- Basic between £18,000 to £30,000 (depending on Experience and qualifications), To be negotiated
- 42 hours per week to include Saturdays, no Sunday opening currently. One day off in the week
- 9.00am to 6pm
- 28 days holiday
If you are interested in the role of optical assistant, please apply here or email us at email@example.com with your CVs. Or call us on 0207 607 2087.