We have an exciting opportunity available for a Lead Optometrist for our Yorkshire Region. This role will report into our Clinical Director and work remotely with full support from our centralised team at head office.
As a Clinical Lead Optometrist, you will be responsible for clinical management within the Visioncall Hub and Spoke model, leading and developing our clinical teams and growing local business. Working as part of a peer team you will lead from the front delivering customer service excellence and building the brand locally aiming to be the best domiciliary eye care provider in the UK .
At Visioncall we passionately believe that by improving levels of sight we can transform the lives of patients by enabling them to See Better and Live Better. Patient care is at the heart of everything we do, and we are looking for individuals that share our values and want to make a difference.
For more information contact Lyndsay Johnston for a confidential and informal chat on 07795 592096. Alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Excellent package to include company car allowance + bonus + benefits
- Working Monday-Friday 8.30am-5.30pm
- 33 days annual leave entitlement
- GOC fee covered and professional indemnity insurance provided
- Inhouse CET & specialist domiciliary training
Responsibilities Key Accountability:
- Inspire and motivate our teams through leading by example
- Support & developing our associate teams to manage and deliver quality assured clinical services across the South West
- Directing and developing local business strategy
- Overseeing commercial and ethical practice including full NHS and Professional compliance
- Building the Visioncall brand locally
- Handling complaints through the local business
- Maintaining a clear focus on quality processes and outcomes.
- Working to and positively contributing to our company culture and values
- Managing and supporting a team of Optometrists, and other clinical staff, through regular supervision and driving best practice in line with Visioncall s HR policies and procedures.
- Carry out sight tests on patients with a range of different needs who are unable to attend a high street practice and support test teams to do likewise in line with Visioncall standard operating procedures.
- Offer help and advice to patients and carers with regards to eye health, spectacles required, choosing frames and lenses.
- Carry out a handover with patients/care home manager or family members to discuss the sight test results and any recommendations.
- Ensure record cards, GOS paperwork and referrals are completed accurately and legibly and in line with appropriate professional standards.
- Keep up to date with changes in the industry through Continuing Education and Training (CET)
- Ensuring you allocate resources to meet customer needs within financial guidelines.
- Ensure all branch equipment is in working order and report any faults to central support.
- Liaise with central support to ensure the best outcome for patients/customers and performance for the branch.
- Budget and P&L review for management action
- Recruit, induct, performance manage and train new members of the team in conjunction with the Lead dispenser
- When required, arrange shadow days with fellow colleagues for quality assurance measures.
- Actively participate in company communications to constructively suggest areas of improvement and receive feedback.
- Work as a peer team with Visioncall Regional Lead Optometrists to share ideas and best practice.
- 5 years post qualified experience
- Domiciliary experience would be advantageous
- GOC registration
- In-depth knowledge of full NHS and professional compliance
- Set the standards of exemplary record keeping within the local practice
- Display an understanding of record keeping guidance and show ability to complete clinical audits both from records and onsite
- Strong commercial awareness and drive for business growth
- Demonstrate excellent organisational skills including planning and prioritisation of work requirements with the ability to act as a good role model
- Calm under pressure and show listening skills to understand both customer and staff concerns
- Forward thinking both professionally and when delivering the Visioncall service
- Open-minded to change and improvement
- Displaying a pragmatic approach when solving problems and conflict resolution
- Show empathy and understanding of your patient group when delivering the service
- Ability to lead from the front and motivate others
- Assertive with strong leadership skills