Optical Lab Administrator
Role: Optical Lab Administrator
Location: Cambuslang, Glasgow
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am-4.30pm - part time flexible working available
Salary: 19,344Do you have Optics experience and are looking for a new opportunity out with retail practice? Would you like to work for an organisation that puts it's People and Patients first? Working as part of the Lab Team, the role of Administrator plays a major role within Visioncall and helps to make a real difference to our Patient s lives. You will be responsible for ensuring our field-based Dispensers throughout the UK receive glasses in a timely manner in order for them to carry out the fitting and adjustment of spectacles to our patients, many of whom are vulnerable and have additional support needs. A key aspect of this role will be building and maintaining strong working relationships with our clinical staff and providing outstanding services to make Visioncall the Optical supplier of choice. At Visioncall we are about empowering our people and coaching them to develop themselves, enabling them to really help elderly and vulnerable adults with their eye care needs. This is a challenging but rewarding role where you will be part of a team helping vulnerable patients See Better Live Better. Responsibilities Key Goals:
- Proactively liaise with Dispensing Staff, and the Visioncall Lab to ensure the smooth and efficient running of deliveries, across all Regions
- Update our CRM system
- Dispatch glasses to dispensing staff throughout the UK
- Be part of the lab office team
- Proactively and positively contribute to the Visioncall culture.
- Overall co-ordination of the delivery day, liaising with Lab and Dispensing staff to ensure the smooth and efficient running of deliveries and the best possible patient care.
- Checking spectacles received from Visioncall Lab and ensuring their security until ready for delivery.
- Proactively liaise with care homes, patients and next of kin to develop and maintain strong relationships and make Visioncall their Optical supplier of choice.
- Tailor communication to best meet the patients support needs and deliver best possible care.
- Always represent Visioncall in a professional and positive manner.
- Ensuring any care home or patient requests are dealt with appropriately and in a timely manner, making sure that any changes to Patient details are always up to date.
- Manage any care home, patient or next of kin complaints and resolve in an efficient, professional manner, recording complaints accurately.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the company business/employees/patients and their families.
- Work to Company and industry regulatory practices, adhering to Company standards, policies, and procedures, delivering best practice methods, and taking responsibility for our Customer s needs.
- Keep your knowledge current in all aspects of our standard operating practices, meeting key performance outcomes which contribute to the overall team success.
- Offer support to others to help them learn and solve any Customer issues, both within the team and sharing knowledge more widely.
- Comply and keep up to date with company Infection prevention and control policies and ensure disposal of any clinical waste meets Company guidelines.
- Provide administrative support to the office function.
- Working to and positively contributing to our Company culture and values.
- Undertake any other requests as many be reasonably required by the business.
- Experienced Administrator with previous experience of working in a lab/manufacturing/dispatch environment
- Optical/domiciliary experience would be advantageous but not essential
- You must be computer literate and able to use a variety of software packages with confidence.
- Highly organised Administrator with an excellent attention to detail, displaying a high degree of accuracy in your work.
- Excellent Customer Service skills and ability to problem solve
- Confidently work in a fast-paced role and using your initiative to manage your day to day responsibilities.
- You should be passionate about working within the Optical Health Care sector, particularly domiciliary care.
- Be prepared to undertake any additional training appropriate to your role
- Awareness of the commercial aims and objectives of the Company