Dispensing Optician J151937
An extremely rare and exciting job opportunity has become available for a Dispenser/Practice Manager to join a highly regarded independent practice based near Bromley on a full-time basis.
You will walk into a well-established practice, with a loyal and affluent patient base - working with some of the finest eyewear in Optics in a plush, boutique practice.
Joining an experienced and friendly team, you'll be working closely alongside the practice owner to maintain their on-going success while adding further ideas to develop the business and drive it forward.
You will be either a registered Dispensing Optician, or confident dispensing at all levels, as this is primarily a shop floor role where you will be dispensing alongside managing.
On offer is a market-leading package, including a generous basic salary and bonus scheme amongst more, with the opportunity to work in one of South London's premier practices.
- A superb role for an ambitious optics professional to work full time with this prestigious independent practice in a mixed managerial and clinical capacity
- The owners will be offering you the opportunity to treat the business as if it was your own and are looking for professionals with suitable level of experience to fulfil this requirement
- You must exhibit clinical experience including strong Dispensing skills alongside exceptional patient care/customer service
- Be a confident manager where your duties will include but not limited to front of house management, analysis of business KPIs, supervision and training of junior colleagues and overseeing consistent levels of customer service
- You must be passionate about eyewear trend/fashion and have the desire to keep up to date with new trends in products and technology
- Practice offers extended test times to their loyal, affluent client following
- Working generally 9am-5:30pm with 40-minute break including a regular Saturday and set day off mid-week
Package and Benefits
- Basic salary up to circa 35,000 with potential additional annual bonus (full details TBC)
- Exceptional prospects for career development
- Opportunity to assist in provision of additional services such as specialist contact lenses, MECS, paediatrics and colour vision overlay
- Time provided to give your very best to each and every customer
- Free parking on-site
- CET/CPD provided
- 20 days holiday + 8 bank
Key Skills, Qualifications and Client Requirements
- Right to work in the UK
- 5 years + Optics experience
- Experience managing a small team is essential. You will be responsible for the training of other colleagues in the branch so you must have strong communication skills and the ability to impart your knowledge and experience onto junior members of staff and coach them accordingly.
- Applications welcome from non-qualified candidates but must be comfortable dispensing at all levels
What Happens Next?
Please click the 'Apply' button to find out more about this role. The consultant looking after this vacancy will contact you at a convenient time to share further details on about the opportunity. All interaction will be in complete confidence, without obligation and we will NOT send your details to any practice unless you give us your permission.
If you wish to talk to us in person about this job or any other suitable jobs, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Optometry team on 01423 813452.
Please attach a copy of your most up to date CV to any emails sent for ease.
Not the right job for you? Click here for more Optical Jobs