Technology Subject Matter Expert
Are you passionate about delivery within Agile teams using your technical expertise for delivery that will have high business attention and into a complex retail environment? Are you motivated by taking accountability for managing outcome? If so, then we have an exciting position as a Subject Matter Expert at Specsavers.
The role as Subject Matter Expert is an exciting opportunity to be part of driving the technology change in Specsavers’ dynamic and expanding the Northern European region (Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and the Netherlands). The position comes with the guarantee of growth and reward as an essential member of an energetic, demanding and supportive team.
Inspirational technical lead with strong stakeholder management and a focus in delivering retail applications and underlying infrastructure using focused first class solutions
As our Technology Subject Matter Expert you will be part of a team responsible for delivering technology solutions directly to stores and back end systems enabling our business in its ambitious plan for market ownership across Denmark, Norway, Finland, Sweden and the Netherlands. In addition to delivery, you are part of advising and identifying the possibilities for Specsavers to achieve our goals in line with the annual plan.
You will provide specialized expertise on the product/environment across the Specsavers Northern European Technology team. Providing the “T” Shaped technical experience to be involved across the breadth of the product and then providing deep specialist knowledge within the core ownership.
- Responsible for delivery and embedding of initiatives within remit.
- Owning responsibility for service transition of all product changes to the Service Desks and the Operations teams.
- Assists the Technology Product Manager and Scrum Master to land the change in the business,
- Able to step-in on demand to problem solve within scrum teamsor in service teams to solve detailed problems.
- Brings technical expertise and understanding to the team
- Face to face support for country directors and stakeholders with any questions relating to the product.
- Document as you go. Responsible for ensuring the knowledge transfer and understanding is documented, updated and understood.
Resilient and confident communicator
In this role it is important that you are an excellent communicator who can communicate at all levels of the organization while also being able to influence to achieve required outcomes.
You have an eye for a detail without losing a view of the bigger picture. To possess this role you must have:
- Proven track record of technical delivery and in a technical capacity.
- Knowledge of and experience of working in agile environments.
- One or more of the following technical skills, Microsoft O365, Meraki, Windows virtual environments, Azure data solutions, databricks, data factory, Financial systems, HR systems.
You will be reporting directly to the Technology Product Manager for Commercial in the Northern European region, and will be based at our NE headquarter in Copenhagen. To be successful in this role, some travelling is required.
Ready for new challenges?
Fantastic! We would be delighted to hear from you. To apply send your application to us using the apply button. We're on the lookout for the right person at the moment, so apply ASAP and you'll hear from us soon.
Life is for living. That's why our smart, passionate and fun-loving team at Specsavers have made it our mission to help as many people as possible receive accessible eyecare and audiology. Now, having been industry leaders in technology and service, we're entering a new era providing accessible healthcare on the high street.
Let's make a difference, together.