Global Product Data Specialist
For over three decades our purpose hasn’t changed: we are here to make a positive difference to the lives of all. Through the exceptional products, services and value we offer - is what sets us apart.
We are proud of how far we’ve come as a business, now we want to see you grow with us.
At Specsavers we promise to make you feel good, smart and cared for. To support this promise we offer competitive salaries, pension scheme, medical and dental care including a range of additional benefits that make Specsavers a great place to work.
Purpose of the role
This role in the Global Product Data Team sits within the Commercial Operations department as part of the wider Supply Chain team.
This role is responsible and accountable for the accurate and timely set-up and maintenance of contact lens, frame and Optical lens product data or Site master data within the Gems legal system and Oracle Site hub as well as ongoing maintenance of product lifecycles.
- Responsible for the correct set up of Specsavers Contact Lens, Frames and Ophthalmic Lens data including pricing within the PDH system
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring the daily PDH load process report/s are reviewed and checked to ensure that any issues are either corrected at source and redistributed, or Footprints are raised and managed to completion.
- Bulk data maintenance across all product categories through offline data management in MS Excel and upload into PDH.
- Assist the Global Head of Business Data in developing robust business processes to support the effective and timely distribution of product data to all country teams, stores, labs and distribution sites.
- Lead the engage in first-line problem-solving processes for product data issues that occur, to ensure prompt corrective action and prevention of future errors and escalate where necessary
- Manage data team related projects with the Global Head of Business Data, Supply Chain
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders in Labs, Markets and warehouses to ensure data for new product launches across the Globe is in place at the correct times and to the correct quality standards. Ensure prompt resolution of any data issues.
- Responsible for product pricing across the supply chain, from suppliers and all the way through to stores.
- Ensure that relevant system updates are timed with the launches of the new Global packaging in each Country / Hub
- Responsible for product maintenance on the Oracle Site hub system ensuring data in Gems is updated against SLA and right first time.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills and act as a change agent for the Global business data.
- Highly skilled problem solver, with the ability to explain complex issues clearly and simply.
- Experience or knowledge of Product Data maintenance
- Good Planning skills
- Good analytical skills
- Experience and knowledge of the Gems system, and Oracle Site hub.
- Supply chain experience desirable
- Optical knowledge desirable
- Knowledge of Oracle systems and applications especially PDH or Oracle EBIS application suite or understanding of other similar systems desirable
If you can see yourself being part of this journey, apply today!
Happy to talk flexible working