Are you looking to develop your clinical skills outside practice and are attracted by making a difference to patients that need it the most? Perhaps you have domiciliary experience and would like to discover what it is like working for a business that is truly focused on patient care and ethical prescribing?
As an Optometrist with Visioncall we can offer:
- Competitive basic salary + bonus + mileage allowance
- 33 days annual leave entitlement
- Sick pay scheme after 12-month service
- 4% contributory pension
- GOC fees & professional indemnity insurance
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme to support well-being
- Joining fee criteria applies
- I-pad and clinical equipment
- Flexibility work 3, 4 or 5 days each week
- Permanent role Monday Friday (no weekend work)
- Full training and support from your local clinical team
Operating throughout the UK for over 25 years, Visioncall was founded upon the idea of being able to make a difference by enabling patients to See Better and Live Better. We are looking for new Optometrists that share our values and want to use their clinical expertise to make a difference. Whether you are looking for a new full time resident post or want to work part time whilst continuing in practice, we offer great flexibility and training as well as a supportive and caring work environment.
Interested? As part of our recruitment process you will be given the opportunity to join one of our clinical teams for a shadow day where you are given a real in-sight into what we do, plus we will pay you for the day!
For an informal and confidential chat to find out more contact Lyndsay Johnston on 07795 592096 or alternatively email email@example.com.
Please note that you must have your own vehicle and a full UK driving licence. Due to the nature of this role a full DBS/PVG check will be carried out as part of our recruitment checks.
Responsibilities As an Optometrist with Visioncall your role is very different from the norm. You will have clinical freedom and the variation of getting out and about visiting patients mainly within care home environments. With no evening or weekend working, you will be accompanied by an experienced Dispensing Optician/Optical Assistant who will support you throughout your clinics, allowing you to focus on the sight test and patient.
- Carry out sight tests to patients with a range of needs who are unable to attend high street practice.
- Working to and positively contributing to our company culture and values
- Maintaining a clear focus on quality processes and outcomes.
- Tailoring your communication to the patient to provide best possible support and care for those with additional needs.
- Ensure adherence and compliance to all NHS regulatory requirements.
- A minimum of 1 years post qualified experience.
- Domiciliary experience would be advantageous.
- GOC & and appropriate OPL/Health board registration.
- In-depth knowledge of full NHS and professional compliance.
- Calm under pressure and show listening skills to understand both customer and care staff concerns.
- Forward thinking both professionally and when delivering the Visioncall service.
- Open-minded to change and improvement.
- Displaying a pragmatic approach when solving problems and conflict resolution.
- Show empathy and understanding of your patient group when delivering the service.